Thank you Garmin!!!

housemunkey
housemunkey Posts: 237
edited March 2013 in Road general
I had a problem with my Edge 200 last week,the power button just stopped working. I was dreading the returns process and potential repair fee and fully expected my gps to be out of action for weeks at best.

I just had to share my experience and I have to say, it was awesome.

I went on the support website and put in all my details Thursday night, to my surprise the unit (bought for xmas 2011) was apparently still in warranty, SCORE. Friday afternoon I was sent an email with a returns number to use. I got around to posting it Saturday morning. It arrived on Monday and at about 10am I received another email telling me they had got it and that it may take a little while to sort out. I needn't have worried, less than 2 hours latter I had another email telling me a new unit was on its way. I returned home Tuesday evening after work to find a UPS card. So, if I had been in, that would mean Garmin turned everything round in 5 days, including a weekend and postage times. I would have no issues buying Garmin again if I continue to get service like that!!!

Just thought I'd share that with you all, well done Garmin :D

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    A W E S O M E
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Always glad to read about good service - there are more than enough posts about bad news, but people are less quick with good news.

In a way though, the shame is that we find it remarkable when companies give good service - wouldnt it be great if all companies were like this every time and we no longer found it unusual...!
  • apreading wrote:
    Always glad to read about good service - there are more than enough posts about bad news, but people are less quick with good news.

In a way though, the shame is that we find it remarkable when companies give good service - wouldnt it be great if all companies were like this every time and we no longer found it unusual...!

Amen to that :!:
  • kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    Had problems with my Edge 500 last year and nothing was a problem and all sorted within days replaced with a new one and been fine eversince. Thanks Garmin.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I had to have my edge 500 replaced (cracked screen from me dropping it, so can't blame garmin for that one!!) and rang up one day, sent it off the next, had a new referbished (I know that's a bit of an oxymoron but couldn't think how else to describe it!) model with me two days later!

I really can't speak highly enough of their customer service.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • ricey155
    ricey155 Posts: 233
    Garmin are good but i've had 2 claims in last 6 months, 1st was for a faulty after 10 months GSC10 packed up (tried a new battery its happens GOOGLE It) and the next was for a replacement magnet

magnet you say well the backing is the worst made item in there range i've had 3 crack and vanish on rides i got told to buy another so i used im selling all my garmin products and buying another brand

amazing reply where would you like the replacement sending :mrgreen: I LOVE garmin but be strong