Oakleys - warranty claim

navrig
navrig Posts: 1,352
edited February 2013 in Road general
I took my radar paths on my ski holiday. I wore them when it was blue sky and sun. When it was overcast or misty I reverted to goggles putting the Oakleys in the microfibre bag inside the goggles pocket in my ski jacket.

At the end of a misty day I noticed that an area of the irridium coating had worn off.

I sent Oakley a claim form and half a dozen or so photos and a scan of the receipt last Friday by email. I was disappointed not even to get a confirmation of receipt.

Got home today to find a very light box, postmarked Germany containing a brand new lens.

Chapeau Oakley.

Comments

• TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Sweet. :)

This probably seems a bit more overwhelming to me than it should do, after having read the "Halfords Rant" thread.
  • Oakley are usually very good. I had a pair of glasses 2 weeks out of warranty and over night they developed some white spots on the lenses. To this day I don't know if he spots appeared because of something I did or if it was faulty lenses.
    Any way sent them back within three days a new pair of glasses dispatched with a note to go to my local opticians and get an updated prescription for new lenses.
    Three days, new glasses, new hi index lenses and a new 2 year warranty. Basically they replaced £600 glasses out of warranty no questions asked. Even got a brand new bullet case, cleaning solution and cloth.

They are expensive but very good, and as with all things if you want after sales service you do have to pay a premium for it.

Happy Oakley customer.
  • Good to know, lets hope that mine don't need to go back but at least if they do sounds like they live up to their end of the bargain.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    high tower wrote:
    Oakley are usually very good. .....

.....They are expensive but very good, and as with all things if you want after sales service you do have to pay a premium for it.

Happy Oakley customer.

+1 for me. My Radar frame was metallic looking and the covering started to chip leaving black plastic. Way out of warranty but 2 emails later and a minimal charge of £20 and new frame was in the post.
  • similar success story here too, many years ago had some full metal jackets and one of the arms broke, fatigue or mis use by me - you be the judge. anyway, sent the whole lot back on their instruction so they could get a good colour match on the replacement arm but when they came back it was a brand new pair. happy bunny.
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Im very good friends with the CEO and he has a very high background in customer support and will stand no less than the highest level of warranty for Oakley clients. Its a shame more companies do not work like this as the benefits in the end far outweigh the costs of repair or replacements.
    Living MY dream.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    VTech wrote:
    Im very good friends with the CEO and he has a very high background in customer support and will stand no less than the highest level of warranty for Oakley clients. Its a shame more companies do not work like this as the benefits in the end far outweigh the costs of repair or replacements.

If you knew how much they cost to produce, you'll realise that you've paid the equivalent of glasses for life a number of times over.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I know how much they cost but with a 12% advertising campaign things become rather costly.
    I work with the biggest profiteering food source on the planet (per item) so I know about mark ups but that's life, nothing wrong in charging highly for goods.
    Living MY dream.