Stile Cop - Minion vs Swamp Thing

DCR00
DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited February 2013 in Routes
Morning all

Mr Stinks is getting his first outing tomorrow at Stile Cop. Whilst ive ridden Cannock many times, this is my first time at Stile Cop. The bike comes fitted with Minion 2.5 ST front and back, which i know will be a good combo from using them on the Spesh, but the seller also threw in a pair of Swamp Thing 2.5 ST as well....

Which would be better do we think ? having watched vids of Stile Cop on YouTube, im leaning more towards the Swamp Things, but wanted some opinions of those that are familiar with that track

Cheers

DCR

Comments

• Swamp things are great mud tyres.

Where the Minion is not that great in the mud tends to pack out with mud fairly fast so its definately a conditions choice. i'd be tempted witht he wet weather to pop the swampy up front at least as the back breaking away isn't much of an issue.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Stile cop tracks are nothing like cannock trails, there's not usually much mud around.
    I run nevegals or butchers at cop, and the guys I go with usually run minions or high rollers.
    Why not take the swampys with you, and if your not liking the minions, swap em over whilst there?
  • DCR00
    yeah i did think about doing that

precious bike time fiddling with tyres tho....
  • DodgeT
    I think you'll be fine on the minions personally.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Unless it's soaking I find Minions are a fairly safe bet although I prefer Big Bettys in wetter conditions esp a Vertstar front.
  • Agree with the above, never even felt I've needed mud tyres at Stile Cop.

Last time there (2 weeks ago) was running a Butcher (very similar to Minions) front and some wierd Kenda Excavator on the rear and no problems at all. Minions will be fine.
  • DCR00
    Minions were great. The DHR im not 100% on, but the DHF was its usual epicness (as was Mr Stinks)
  • DodgeT
    Which tracks did you try?
  • DCR00
    Red and Ridge

Lots to aspire to at Cop. Had no idea there was so much there. Some of the jumps are massive.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I really need to go and have a look at the cop properly. Bit of a piss take that I haven't yet really.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DodgeT
    DCR00 wrote:
    Red and Ridge

Lots to aspire to at Cop. Had no idea there was so much there. Some of the jumps are massive.

Nice runs aren't they! Yeah, there's some stupid stuff too, did you see walleater? If not, don't bother with you tube, you need to walk it to see for real..
    Should be there on sat with the new bike :)
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    DCR00 wrote:
    The DHR im not 100% on
    Hardly surprising tbh no-one uses DHRs :wink:

A 3C DHF on the front and a 60a DHF folder on the back works most of the time for me. When it gets wetter the Bettys/Marys go on - a Vertstar front is pure fit-and-forget but draggy as hell in the dry compared to the Minions.
    DCR00 wrote:
    Red and Ridge
    Mid-week is a good time to go I like it a lot