Chinese carbon seat post + handle bar

total weight 6.4kg without pedals

8510980321_91f5bff6fb_z.jpg8512091876_dd83687a51_z.jpg
8510980031_3e59f45fb6_z.jpg
8512092610_dae4d1e305_z.jpg
Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg

Comments

• the internal routing on this frame is very bad...spent good hour and half figuring out a decent way to get the cables around.

for those interested, the frame is a 52cm and weighs 990g inc headset and BB, the fork is 380
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Looks like it came out of 80's sci-fi film. Very cool. I think it needs one of those sound boxes on the front that makes shooting and bomb noises. Like this.

109b018f.jpg
  • Actually the color scheme is inspired by tron movie :)
  • ricky1980 wrote:
    Actually the color scheme is inspired by tron movie :)

Was just about to say that! :lol:
  • GOLDGPR
    GOLDGPR Posts: 140
    Looks great love the colour coding!!
  • Are you Tron Guy?

troncosplay.jpg
  • I would love to see this on scales. I can't believe for a second this weighs in at 6.4kg.... Is this guesstimated weight?
    Look 595 ultra - F+F for sale.....
    Cervelo r5
    Kinesis T2 2013 winter bike
    Merida Carbon 1500 flx MTB
  • I scaled every component and every nut bolt cable and tape. Added all up
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    ricky1980 wrote:
    I scaled every component and every nut bolt cable and tape. Added all up

Why do people do this? Just weigh the fricking bike when its finished! Saying that, mine is 7.4 with pedals and I think the frame is at least 1.5kg so 6.4 sounds credible.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    ricky1980 wrote:
    I scaled every component and every nut bolt cable and tape. Added all up

I understand why you think this would result in an accurate weight, but strangely the figures rarely match. Just weigh the whole bike :)
  • Look at Napoleon D rules on how to take shots of your bike... I think you broke all the rules... :wink:

Also, I am not sure about those reflectors on MY WHEELS... might have to take them off I'm afraid... :lol:
    left the forum March 2023
  • my spreadsheet tells me its 6865g my body scale tells me 6.8kg that's with pedals :)
  • Also, I am not sure about those reflectors on MY WHEELS... might have to take them off I'm afraid... :lol:

haha i am not sure about those either, was hoping they are massively reflective but they are not...they will come off :)

i need to get some road dirt on the bike then it's worthy of a picture :lol:
  • ricky1980 wrote:
    Also, I am not sure about those reflectors on MY WHEELS... might have to take them off I'm afraid... :lol:

haha i am not sure about those either, was hoping they are massively reflective but they are not...they will come off :)

Yes, those wearing brake tracks are quite handy, I can keep track of your mileage... there is no hiding there... :mrgreen:
  • Not into that....sorry.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    ricky1980 wrote:

Yes, those wearing brake tracks are quite handy, I can keep track of your mileage... there is no hiding there... :mrgreen:

The more I look at those rims, so glad I specced them for my build.. but so sorree not from you Sir ! :wink:
    For me probably go for an Vittoria OPen Corsa with the red stripe in middle
  • These cheap frames are full of fibreglass anyway so the weight is probably right. It'll weigh even less after it's snapped.
  • These cheap frames are full of fibreglass anyway so the weight is probably right. It'll weigh even less after it's snapped.

If you have a scotch bonnet chilli in your pants, I suggest you remove it... these threads are all about appreciation and being friendly and nice to each other, if you are not in tune, go elsewhere... there are plenty of threads where people argue and rant :wink:
  • Ah, the beloved forum user who can't handle the truth. Not a rare breed, rather unfortunately! :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    looks good!

i just cut through the fork steerer and a seat post, nothing but black carbon powder came out. matter of fact I am quite surprised about the technical design of the seat post, the inner wall is ovalised. so it's thick front and back to prevent fore and aft movement and slightly thinner walls on the sides to allow for more compliance and save material.

got any reference to your claim?

cheers Matt...this s a project i started back in Early Dec. I contacted Ugo to get wheels and it's taken this long...

I am sure the frame is decent enough, but the supplier is a pain...
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    These cheap frames are full of fibreglass anyway so the weight is probably right. It'll weigh even less after it's snapped.

If you're not Wiggo, why should anyone take any notice of what you're saying? :P

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • First hand experience is pretty good reference to my claim. I've had a Giant TCR frame for years (black & yellow ONCE colours) which is still going strong because it's made well with good materials.

I've had a chinese carbon frame crack clean in 2 at the down tube/BB join after 3 months. I'm not a big or powerful rider by any stretch of the imagination either. If I weighed 20 stone or something similar then I'd understand it.
  • And, by total coincidence I hasn't to add, there's an article in this months ProCycling which advises pretty much the same thing as I said on the 1st page. I didn't write the article by the way!
  • to be fair i don't think i will get another chinese frame. not because quality (well not the frame but more so the finishes), i just don't want this 3 months limbo hassle and at the end there are missing bits in my package and got sent the wrong seat post and missing parts.

tho the option of a customisable paint scheme is very desirable. only if there are cheap painters in UK
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    First hand experience is pretty good reference to my claim. I've had a Giant TCR frame for years (black & yellow ONCE colours) which is still going strong because it's made well with good materials.

I've had a chinese carbon frame crack clean in 2 at the down tube/BB join after 3 months. I'm not a big or powerful rider by any stretch of the imagination either. If I weighed 20 stone or something similar then I'd understand it.

Did you contact the seller? The main players are pretty good at dealing with complaints like this from what I've heard.
  • And, by total coincidence I hasn't to add, there's an article in this months ProCycling which advises pretty much the same thing as I said on the 1st page. I didn't write the article by the way!

February or March edition ? Which page ?
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    It’s one hell of a colour coordinated bike – well done! :-)

No disrespect but that build weight does sound a wee bit too good to be true – but willing to be proven wrong. For what it’s worth, my size small Wilier Cento Uno (Mitsubishi 46t carbon) with 2012 Super Record, Keo Blade Ti pedals, Concor Racing saddle, Zipp 303 FC tubular wheels, Corsa tubs and a daft amount of extra carbon bling comes in just shy of 6.4kg.
  • mosamahab wrote:
    And, by total coincidence I hasn't to add, there's an article in this months ProCycling which advises pretty much the same thing as I said on the 1st page. I didn't write the article by the way!

February or March edition ? Which page ?

I'm not at home so can't check but it's the most recent edition with Cav. Cancellara and Sagan on the cover in relation to Milan-San Remo. Towards the front, coloumns writtten by this guy and that guy.
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    pride4ever wrote:
    Not into that....sorry.

+1 but each to his own as always. However, I do like those H+ Son rims, they look the b0ll0x.