It's just not funny

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited March 2013 in The bottom bracket
It's so pathetic I know but I couldn't help have a chortle when a chap on the news was introduced - can't recall what it was about - anyway his name was Sean Uprichard. The problem of course is the more you try and restrain the amusement the funnier it gets. My daugher couldn't see what was funny - which just made it even funnier. I suppose he's not Richard Uprichard - that's not funny. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    The Irish ones always get me. Such as Sean Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzjohn, Sounds like a real daisy chain.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Dick Fitzpatrick wouldn't be great I suppose. Then you're not going to call yourself Dick in that circumstance - I would guess. but hey - why the hell not.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Mrs T just said "John Updike" :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • I went to school with Phil McCracken. I kid you not.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My wife used to run a YTS scheme and one unfortunate individual was a Mr Richard Head.
  • A friend of mine works in the NHS had a bloke called Dwayne Pipe on her dental list.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    There was a kid at school from Eastern European descent. His surname was Matuschuk.
    He was known as Whatsa
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    There was a kid at my school called Christian Gaylord. Not joking!
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Phil McCafferty. Genuine bloke where I used to work.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Used to work with a guy called Richard (Dick) Smallboner.

He dropped the r and referred to himself and Richard Smallbone. Of course, when he needed a username and password for a system I supported I told him the standard naming convention was <surname><first initial>

So smallboner he became once more. :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Pituophis wrote:
    Phil McCafferty. Genuine bloke where I used to work.

I think I know him. Did he have a mate called Ben Doon?
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks
  • There is a common surname on the island of Kennaugh (pronounced Ken-yuck here but often pronounced Kenn-off in the UK.

There is also a popular christian name of Juan (pronounced Jew-an here but most likely to be pronounced "Whan" as in the Spanish way across in the UK.

I'd be interested to listen to someone in the UK pronounce the name of a Juan Kennaugh...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • There was a Lee King in my area where I grew up. Don't think he had any brothers called Wayne or Joe though.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    I know A Stephanie Diver and a Peter Dick
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    At our school we had A. Rimmer.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    I once had a girlfriend called Anita Bush. And it was. :D
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    There is a gentleman I've heard of by the name of Ramdeep Lovehard....
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    At our school we had A. Rimmer.

http://youtu.be/8rMsBsiGLns :D
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Used to work with a girl called Trebilcock. Not a great surname to have in the army. She couldn't get married quick enough
  • I know a claire rimmer, unfortunate.

Went to school with an Ian Hiscock, which opened the door to plenty suggestions for middle name adjectives!
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    I went to school with a Heather Feather, she was as loud and outgoing as a girl with that name could only be.

And a guy I worked with was called Paul Cannell, which if you said it quickly was 'Porkin' 'ell', he hated it as we spent all day shouting out things like "What the porkin' 'ell's going on here?" Childish I know, but.....
  • AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    I went to school with someone called Steven Stupid, think he only lasted a few months. It wasn't a place that took prisoners.

Also, there's a dentist in Preston called I Q Wiper.
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • rkdj
    rkdj Posts: 50
    Had a client a few years ago called Richard Seaman (aka Dick Seaman)
    There used to be a guy who worked at our local council called Norman Conquest (I know how funny is that - someone who WORKED at a council - unheard of

(lights fuse, stands well back..........)
    older, balder, faster, slimmer, better
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Chelsea have a very exciting young prospect, Nortei Nortey. He could be prone to the occasional yellow and red card though.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I know of a Mr and Mrs Mann, who were TT fanatics. They called their daughter Isla.

The older I get, the better I was.

• graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    edited March 2013
    Worked with a chap surname Nurse, his brother was Anthony and his dad was Phil.
    He took delight in telling us that he was related to an A Nurse and a P Nurse! :D (You have to say it out loud.)

By the way. If Isla St Clare had married Barry White, then divorced him and married Bryan Ferry, she
    would have been Isla White Ferry!
  • mike23864
    mike23864 Posts: 54
    What about Drew Peacock and Norma Stitz. They were good friends of Pat & Aaron Mycock (Two of these are real)
  • pease
    pease Posts: 150
    I went to school with a mark hunt. Didn't see the funny side until seventh year !
    Insert witty signature here
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I went to school with Phil McCracken. I kid you not.

I played badminton with Phil McCraken too - wonder how many of them there are!!