We-We-Wednesdayyyyy!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!
Morning Number 2 having had a wisdom tooth out, and there's barely any pain now! No where near as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Nothing much happening today, just basic work stuff. This is good, as I can't be bothered doing much at the moment. I suppose that's because I've taken quite a bit of time off lately, you struggle to get back into it.

Get my new house keys tomorrow! I'm looking forward to that :)

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Well, things seem to be moving forward now with the 'getting-a-new-job'. More news as we get it.
    In other news, the welding that was supposed to take a week will be finsihed this morning in under an hour. Boom.
    Tonight, I am going with friends and treating myself to a new album. Because, you know, I'm worth it.
    I have had my first coffee. I think I'll have another.
    And bacons.

Oh, and Chain Reaction? Order some brake pads for the CX bike on Thrusday afternoon. Get home from work Friday to a card from the PO to say 'come and collect'. That's service, that is. Sadly, I couldn't get to the PO until yesterday! Oops.

Onwards! To caffiene! And workshop based awesomeness!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning,
    Spent yesterday driving around and then applying for millions of jobs, then got home to start putting even more stuff in box's. 1 month to go today until we move! YAY! then this weekend is the first weekend our current house is on the market with 10 viewers already booked in!
    realised last night its only 2 weeks ish till www.enduro1.co.uk and the pannic set in!

Night ride tonight which promises to be cold and wet :roll: but at least its turning the wheels!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning

a little tired after a crap sleep and an early start to spin those wheels on the rollers, if I get fitter it is worth it, but at the moment - just knackered.

Another day of meetings followed by study - that's living all right
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

1) Phone dentist, potentially having wisdom tooth related problems. TKM it's good to hear it's not painful, can't really remember last time I had a tooth out but I suspect the next one isn't far away.
    2) Go to uni, sit through lectures, fall asleep.
    3) Drive down to farking Cantebury to play hockey.
    4) Play hockey.
    5) Drive back to PB in rush hour :roll:
    6) Pub
    7) Sleep

Laters
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    Morning :)

Another day of 'have you tried turning it on and off again' and playing (read: breaking) with test servers awaits! The boss is sciving today which means I get to have a go at it, only 1 minion though :evil:

Who do you play for Angry Bird? I played until recently, had to stop because of a shoulder injury I sustained while riding my bike which I was doing while recovering from a hockey injury :shock:
  • Good morning,

Today i will be trying to get an afternoon off.

Laters
  • It's seems to be a wisdom tooth filled week as i'm off to the hospital tomorrow to have mine removed.
    In work at 7:30 this morning and have already done all the jobs i had booked in for the day. So lots of trying to look busy and caffine in the near future

Toodle-oo
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Good morning,

Laters

go to afan, you won't regret it :D

today i'm trying to eek out the jobs i have to last all day and make myself look busy, problem is i've already done 3 of them :lol:

laters
  • welshkev wrote:
    Good morning,

Laters

go to afan, you won't regret it :D

Unfortunately i actually need to rebuild the bike which i why i need the afternoon off, otherwise i would be trust me lol
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

1) Phone dentist, potentially having wisdom tooth related problems. TKM it's good to hear it's not painful, can't really remember last time I had a tooth out but I suspect the next one isn't far away.
    Nah, doesn't hurt really. Uncomfortable is what I would say, but I have a high pain threshold, so maybe I'm just more hardcore ;)
    That said, I think the stitches have come undone, as all I can feel is spongey type stuff (which is what they fill the socket with when the tooth is out). It's not hurting though, so I'm not too bothered. Yet....
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning dribblers...

The mrs has the 'week before the painters are in' mood at the moment, luckily I have a strategy for this scenario... it's called 'get the fuck out of the way'.

Normal service will be resumed next week.
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

Nah, doesn't hurt really. Uncomfortable is what I would say, but I have a high pain threshold, so maybe I'm just more hardcore ;)
    That said, I think the stitches have come undone, as all I can feel is spongey type stuff (which is what they fill the socket with when the tooth is out). It's not hurting though, so I'm not too bothered. Yet....

Well the stitch situation sound sub-optimal, hope it doesnt turn into too much of a problem. Thankfully I generally deal with pain fairly well, being ill/flu-like and all that I can't take but physical pain I tend to see it as being slightly irritant but and pretend it's in my head and ignore it. Guess its something I've learnt from riding (read crashing) bikes so much :lol:

In slightly related news I stayed awake through the first lecture today, I learnt nowt about dogs and cats but we did learn the biology behind man flu and how it definitely isn't men being wimps.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Off to wolves for an hour to visit moomaa and her new knee heading up on the train as it's free and I can nap and nip in and see my old work friends and take them a pile of mbuks.

Coffee and pig time first though
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Boring work. Drove in so I can escape on time and do exciting things like food shopping. I somehow appear to have ended up discussing this weekend last night and have somehow agreed to look after two crazy collies for the weekend. Last time I did this I ended up in A&E having been bitten and having a tetanus jab and super strong antibiotics for a week. Can't wait for what this weekend has in store! More being dragged round by two dogs far stronger than me.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon
    Last 5am wakeup today, thank fark.
    Today has been reports and asking for info from reps, this afternoon is more sorting of samples.
    This evening I have to unload the car, which I filled with all my snowboarding and horse riding kit this morning, and then I have to find places to put it all..
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Afternoon,

Got a meeting in Leeds tomorrow so spent most of the afternoon preparing for that, off to work in a moment (yawn.)

The Alpine is nearly done, just need to set the gears up and bleed the back brake and its good to go.

Had a call about prospective new job, will know tomorrow morning if I'm through to the last stage - already had 2 interviews and a trial!

Later