Fiat Punto Power Fail

Kitty
Kitty Posts: 2,844
edited February 2013 in The Crudcatcher
So, my baby Punto is in the garage again with the problem of the noise of liquid sloshing about in front of the passenger side in the dashboard, the interwebz seems to think this is not good. What do you think?

Ps. don't anyone say are you sure you've not left a drinks bottle in the glove compartment as the garage asked, I know I'm female but I'm not quite that stupid, doh!

Comments

• Who the fark are you?
  • Kitty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I had a punto it was awful and only fitted one nurse in the boot..... get rid
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kitty
    I'm planning on getting rid, but next year. Just bought a house, can't afford a new car too. :(
  • I miss my punto. It did me well right up until it failed it's MOT. If i'd spent £1k on the car, it would have passed.
    Instead, I got rid, got a new car, and within 12 months spent more than £1k on getting it through it's MOT :roll:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    Sales rep from our local FIAT dealership used to say FIAT stood for 'Fix It Again Tomorrow'

Says it all really
  • Kitty
    Not looking too good at the moment!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I worked for FIAT not once but twice :shock: the Punto is actually one of the better ones.
    You should be glad its water you can hear and not sirens from the fire brigade coming to rescue you from the car going up in flames!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Honestly kitty, if you cant afford a new one try driving to work in your house, itll get there quicker.

Or buy a car of VW, I was reminded of him tuther day when I saw the Gumtree ad on tv with some wideboy selling an mgf to some reem muppet
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kitty
    They're trying another fix tomorrow otherwise the dashboard has to come out to see the radiator matrix. :-s

At what point do I get a new car and give up?
  • Gazlar
    the minute you see the letters F..I...A....T. actually rad matrix is a common fault I remember. how old is it Kitster, the car i mean not the rad matrix
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    Gazlar wrote:
    Or buy a car of VW, I was reminded of him tuther day when I saw the Gumtree ad on tv with some wideboy selling an mgf to some reem muppet
    LOL i bet he's still crying!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • i bought a 6 month old punto with 8k on the clock for £4000 sold it 3 years later with an extra 60k on the clock for £3500 never spent a penny on it and it never missed a beat. fiats are cheap, suppose you take your chances.
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    i bought a 6 month old punto

feel better for the confession?
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I own a doblo. Ahhhh feels good to get that out at last.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • VWsurfbum
    Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Kitty
    8 years old Gaz.
  • Kitty wrote:
    8 years old Gaz.

Gaz's prefered age range :lol:
  • Gazlar
    Past it's best as far as I'm concerned beeeeriye.

I passed the Punto on to Mrs G and it died when it was 8. If I was you if the work is anywhere round the 4 figure mark them I'd be looking at what cheap runarounds I could get already motted see if you can weevil out a bargain. If it's only a few hundred quid then get it fixed.

Fingers crossed it's not too dear
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • 97th choice
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

But I can ride my mountain bike straight out of the back, a la streethawk.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    You'd need to do more than that to justify having a doblo my friend.
  • 97th choice
    It was also handy for transporting my goat.

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • i also own a doblo
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Gazlar
    Sorry but is this form full of people on incapacity benefit? Wait until the dwp hears that you're capable of mountain biking, you'll have those motorbility cars took off you for a start.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Modifiyeli-Fiat-Doblo.jpg

No room for the mountain bike as far as I can see.

Or a goat. Unless the goat sits in the passenger seat, in which case no need for a Doblo.
  • i have been told that it's my fault the pope has jacked his job as i have his car and he can't go on any waving tours.
    Gazlar wrote:
    capable of mountain biking
    guess you haven't seen me ride!!!

in my defence, bikes, tools, building materials, kids, dogs and mrs woodmonkey all have to fit in my car at some point and an 08 plate with 35k on the clock with a towbar and roof rack and 7 seats for £2500 i couldn't say no. and for that money it doesn't matter if it gets battered inside and out even though the kids do call it the fugly bus

voodoo hoodoo
  • Kitty
    Fixed for a total of £60. Gonna save up to trade it in next year and get a new car.
  • 97th choice
    Woodmonkey wrote:
    in my defence, bikes, tools, building materials, kids, dogs and mrs woodmonkey all have to fit in my car at some point and an 08 plate with 35k on the clock with a towbar and roof rack and 7 seats for £2500 i couldn't say no. and for that money it doesn't matter if it gets battered inside and out even though the kids do call it the fugly bus

Plus taking the rear seats out gets you a great workout, you never get stopped, the fuel economy is great and it is virtually unstealable. :)

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • VWsurfbum
    and it is virtually unstealable. :)
    you could leave it with the keys in it, running with a big sign saying "Please steal me" and it would still be there in the morning!

Kitty, Glad it only cost you £60, sounds like it was something simple. Simple, Like a Doblo owner :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • 97th choice
    Don't you drive something highly gay that needs purpose built scaffolding on the back just to take one bike out with you?

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500