Focus Izalco Pro 3.0

VeloBod
VeloBod Posts: 17
edited March 2013 in Your road bikes
I know it wont be everyones cup-a-tea.............

Comments

• TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    I like it. It's finishing touches like these which give a bike personality
  • Pink hoods are bit much for me, but its does look good & I like the saddle choice.

My OCD suggests I point out the rear tyre needs moving a little bit to be inline with the inner valve.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Needs white/pink saddle

or black bar tape.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Nice looking bike, but, even though I don't mind a bit of pink, the hoods are a bit too much. Maybe source pink seatpost clamps or spacers instead.

The height of the seatpost, and drop to the handlebars, is amazing, do you ride long distances like this and find it comfortable?
  • Needs white/pink saddle

or black bar tape.

the saddle has pink & white stripe - see; http://www.condorcycles.com/Accessories ... e.tpl.html
  • dwanes wrote:
    Nice looking bike, but, even though I don't mind a bit of pink, the hoods are a bit too much. Maybe source pink seatpost clamps or spacers instead.

The height of the seatpost, and drop to the handlebars, is amazing, do you ride long distances like this and find it comfortable?
    -yeah - well if 50mile is long....? The bike is an xl and I'm 6'4"
  • alihisgreat
    VeloBod wrote:
    Needs white/pink saddle

or black bar tape.

the saddle has pink & white stripe - see; http://www.condorcycles.com/Accessories ... e.tpl.html

I'm talking about matching the colour of the bar tape with the primary colour of the saddle though.
  • Are you happy with the bike? It was just out of my price range but supposedly a brilliant bike for the money, be interested what you think of it. And how much you paid! :)
  • VeloBod wrote:
    Needs white/pink saddle

or black bar tape.

I'm talking about matching the colour of the bar tape with the primary colour of the saddle though.

fair enough - had black originaly - my personal preference is the white - good job we're not all the same. :wink:
    You probably can't see it on the photo - the bar tape has black FIZIK logos on it.
  • Are you happy with the bike? It was just out of my price range but supposedly a brilliant bike for the money, be interested what you think of it. And how much you paid! :)
    Yeah, really like it - my previous bike was an aluminium bianchi via nirone 7 xenon with carbon forks but wanted to upgrade & I went for it based on the reviews and the fact that I've become a bit of a SRAM man after buying a Boardman CX Team with SRAM apex as my commuter. Lovin the double tap system.
    The SRAM force on the Izalco is FAB!
    Having the same frame as the Pro's use was a bonus - very stiff which is good as I'm 90kg & 6'4"

I got a good deal from Leisure lakes at Daventry & they allow a bit of a test ride too.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Am I the only one to realise that the OP has 'Rapharised' it :?: 8)

It would be soooo funny if the OP rode it wearing Muddy Fox specials from Sports Direct :lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Had noticed didn't mention it as assumed it was done by the shop purchased from?
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • smidsy wrote:
    Am I the only one to realise that the OP has 'Rapharised' it :?: 8)

It would be soooo funny if the OP rode it wearing Muddy Fox specials from Sports Direct :lol:

Aldi is actually my ensemble manufacturer. LOL :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    VeloBod wrote:
    fair enough - had black originaly - my personal preference is the white - good job we're not all the same. :wink:
    You probably can't see it on the photo - the bar tape has black FIZIK logos on it.

Don't mind him - he gets a bit hung up on 'the rules'! It would look dull, if more practical, with black tape. IMO of course!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • alihisgreat
    VeloBod wrote:
    VeloBod wrote:
    Needs white/pink saddle

or black bar tape.

Yeah I'm not saying white looks bad, in fact I'm with you in that I prefer white given the rest of the bike is black, but saddle and bar take have to match!
    Rolf F wrote:
    VeloBod wrote:

Don't mind him - he gets a bit hung up on 'the rules'! It would look dull, if more practical, with black tape. IMO of course!

Not my fault! its the rules - and this is one of the few that isn't ironic :wink:
  • Nice!! Black bar tape would look good.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Nice bike, my mate uses bright pink bar tape so that on Tri's he can find his bike quickly.
  • Great looking bike.
    Planet X XLS 2013
    Planet X London Road 2015
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    I really like it - can't decide on the white tape / black tape though. I would like a little more pink if you went with black tape (seat clamp etc).

Hope it rides as good as it looks!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • You must be 7ft 2 at least.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • that is an amazingly massive drop...what is it 1.5 feet?

u need a white/pink saddle
    Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
    Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg
  • VeloBod
    Thanks for all the comments :-)
    Im 6'4" - I think that the camera angle magnifies the seat height - it certainly doesn't look that high in reality.

As for the rules bit - its a bit odd that if the seat & bar tape are supposed to match when the bike was new it had a white prologo saddle & black tape...... Go figure...?
  • sancho_uk
    sancho_uk Posts: 141
    That is helluva drop from the seat to the bars!

I know you say you are 6ft 4 hence the height, but I have recently purchased a Focus bike and did so with an XXL frame.. I am 6ft 3 and the bike fits snuggly and I certainly dont have that height difference from seat to handlebars!

Still as always its all about personal preference, I think the bike is a cracker and if thats how you find it comfortable fair play :)
    Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra 2012
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    There does seem to be a lot of seat post showing, is it close to the limit? Most seat posts have a limit marker on them.
  • VeloBod
    dwanes wrote:
    There does seem to be a lot of seat post showing, is it close to the limit? Most seat posts have a limit marker on them.

the limit marker is about an inch or so inside the frame so its all safe. :D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    ricky1980 wrote:
    that is an amazingly massive drop...what is it 1.5 feet?

u need a white/pink saddle

no, you don't
  • Crispyapp
    Crispyapp Posts: 344
    Agree with everyone else here. The bike is nice but the wht tape doesn't go at all. The huds I think look cool but would look much better against blk tape to match the saddle...
    Look 595 ultra - F+F for sale.....
    Cervelo r5
    Kinesis T2 2013 winter bike
    Merida Carbon 1500 flx MTB
  • shdaxner
    shdaxner Posts: 249
    Lovely bike that, I think it looks good as is, i think the black on black on black has been done enough now.