Miche Campagnolo Bottom Bracket compatibility

simonekarl
simonekarl Posts: 48
edited February 2013 in Workshop
Hi

I have a Campy Miche groupset made up of a Miche crankset with a Campy Veloce cassette. I would like to change the crankset as it is a compact to something bigger, but can't find anything Miche, but have options with Campy.

If I was to buy a Campy Veloce crankset would it be compatible with my Miche bottom bracket. I think the Miche BB is a Evo Max? :?
2022 Specialized Crux Comp Gravel destroyer
Single speed 46x16 Traffic eliminator

Comments

• cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    No is the answer to your question. Campag crankset are powertorqe these days so you need a Power torque BB. To fit you will need the normal external cup tool and a 14mm hex key for the crank bolt. For removal you will need a lot more tools and even more for bearing replacment. A good shop is useful here. A good shop need not charge much either BB bearing replacement on a veloce crankset is less than 30 minutes works.

The other option is older NOS veloce crankset with the ultra torque system. You will need a long 10mm hex key for fitting though and some tools come BB replacement time (you need bearing pullers to get the bearing off the cranks).

Other than that there is plenty of stock of 10 speed campag chainset in square taper. Couple with a Tifosi BB (light, cheap and relaible) you have possibly the perfect crank system that is easy to fit and maintain at home.

Of course you can use any chainset you like but since you have campagnolo it would be rude not to use a Campagnolo chainset.

Seeing the bike in your sig I see why you have a Miche chainset. I sell the Tifosi range and from the start I fit them with Campag chainsets to avoid the issues you are having.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.