Dogshit

Bustacapp
Bustacapp Posts: 971
edited March 2013 in The bottom bracket
Went to the local park on sunday with my 5 year old and 4 month old (in pram) and spent the entire walk dodging dogshit. It's a beautiful victorian park and people seem to be walking their dogs in the morning and purposefully letting their dogs crap dead centre in the middle of the path. Why do people do this? I can almost understand that your dog had to take a dump at the side of the path and you decided to just leave it - but right in the middle? It was literally everywhere!! Every 5 yeards or so!!

Personally, I'd love to put a pullet in the back of the heads of people who do this.

Comments

• SLN57
    SLN57 Posts: 69
    Agree with you on the dogshit thing but being pecked to death by a chicken is a bit of a harsh punishment.
  • SLN57 wrote:
    Agree with you on the dogshit thing but being pecked to death by a chicken is a bit of a harsh punishment.

You're right. This is much more appropriate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_eagle
    The Blood Eagle was a method of torture and execution that is sometimes mentioned in Nordic saga legends. It was performed by cutting the ribs of the victim by the spine, breaking the ribs so they resembled blood-stained wings, and pulling the lungs out through the wounds in the victim's back. Salt was sprinkled in the wounds.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Bustacapp wrote:

Mental note to self, never cross Bustacapp :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:

Mental note to self, never cross Bustacapp :shock:

Or at least don't crap in his park. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Bustacapp, just to let you know I always clean up after my dog. Please don't go breaking my ribs or putting me in rowing boats...

On a serious note, I really agree with you. In our local park the council have had to build a fence around the kids play area and ban dogs after owners were letting their dogs foul around the play equipment and not clean up after. Even as a dog owner I hate seeing it.

Equally as bad, are those who do pick it up then throw the bag into a bush where it gets caught on a branch and dangles for months... Shouldnt be allowed dogs.
  • On a serious note, I really agree with you. In our local park the council have had to build a fence around the kids play area and ban dogs after owners were letting their dogs foul around the play equipment and not clean up after. Even as a dog owner I hate seeing it.

Equally as bad, are those who do pick it up then throw the bag into a bush where it gets caught on a branch and dangles for months... Shouldnt be allowed dogs.

The fence around the play area didn't work in our park. Someone let a dog in and had it shit underneath a pretend pirate ship where lots of 2-3 year olds like to go and sit. I honestly think someone must have hand-lowered a small dog in there to do it too.

They giving the decent dog owners (such as yourself) a bad name.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Being made to pick it up for a week would be a more suitable punishment,but I do like the idea of `pirate boats` as well-harsh but fair and of course make a great reality show.C5 should pick it up.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Bloody dogs... if they aren't sh*tting, they're p*ssing, they're barking, they're biting people, they're chasing bikes, they're putting SWMBO into hospital by running out in front of her wheel.

Some are OK but far too many aren't... don't care if it's the dog or the owner just the end result.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Bustacapp wrote:
    4 month old (in pram)

I assume therefore that you had a changing bag with nappy bags in it??

If you see an offender, use a nappy bag as a glove, pick up the turd, then approach the owner from behind, slap them on the back with the turdy gloved hand and say 'excuse me, I think you forgot something'.

Best carried out on dog owners who are smaller (less hard) than yourself obviously...............
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Dabber wrote:
    Bloody dogs... if they aren't sh*tting, they're p*ssing, they're barking, they're biting people, they're chasing bikes, they're putting SWMBO into hospital by running out in front of her wheel.

Some are OK but far too many aren't... don't care if it's the dog or the owner just the end result.

Totally agree.

Man's best friend?

Germriddenshitbagbitingbarkingbikechasingdon'tcareiftheycangiveyoutheirpawfuckinmenaces, but kittens are cute :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • I would do this to the dogshit bandits...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_wheel
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • I've got 2 dogs and my heart sinks every time I see a turd on the verges round here, the gormless tw@ts who won't pick it up give the rest of us a bad name.

Man's best friend - oh aye. You can't blame the dog for shooting, blame the cnut for not picking it up.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Canny lad wrote:
    Man's best friend - oh aye. You can't blame the dog for shooting, blame the cnut for not picking it up.

Your best friend. Never mind the thoughtless owner, should a dog be in a public area to start with?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • natrix wrote:
    Bustacapp wrote:
    4 month old (in pram)

I assume therefore that you had a changing bag with nappy bags in it??

If you see an offender, use a nappy bag as a glove, pick up the turd, then approach the owner from behind, slap them on the back with the turdy gloved hand and say 'excuse me, I think you forgot something'.

Best carried out on dog owners who are smaller (less hard) than yourself obviously...............

or throw it at the cunt and run!!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    team47b wrote:
    Canny lad wrote:

Your best friend. Never mind the thoughtless owner, should a dog be in a public area to start with?
    Personally I object to children making a noise and upsetting me in public areas, I think they should be banned.

Or alternatively, dog owners need to keep their dogs under control, and cynophobics need to get over it.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Going on a slight tangent, someone has taken to letting their dog sh*t outside my front door on a pretty regular basis lately, usually while I'm in work, so I have never had the pleasure of meeting them in person. I am really looking forward to that :evil:
    In the mean time, could anyone tell me if sausage is a suitable bait, or is there anything the feckers like better? :wink:
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Plenty of dog walkers use the War Memorial Park in Coventry, but I don't recall noticing much dog crap about the place. Don't really understand why, as it seems very unlikely that Coventry would have a more considerate class of dog walker.
  • bompington wrote:
    Or alternatively, dog owners need to keep their dogs under control, and cynophobics need to get over it.

Coprophobia is where I'm coming from.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    It seems to have gotten a lot worse recently, I remember after the big pick it up drive in the 90's there was hardly any sh1te around but recently I've been dodging it regularly on my walk to the train station past the primary school.

Possibly to do with the rise of fashionable dogs for princesses/chavs? Garotte the feckers I say, and give the dogs to good homes.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    Pituophis wrote:
    Going on a slight tangent, someone has taken to letting their dog sh*t outside my front door on a pretty regular basis lately, usually while I'm in work, so I have never had the pleasure of meeting them in person. I am really looking forward to that :evil:
    In the mean time, could anyone tell me if sausage is a suitable bait, or is there anything the feckers like better? :wink:
    Put a sheep on your door step and take the day off work, if the dog approaches you can legally shoot the horrible thing, assuming you have a fireams license. I remember my dad shooting a few dogs that idiots would let chase our livestock when I was a kid, it didn't go down well with the owners but they weren't too inclined to argue with an angry 6'"4 gun toting farmer.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    It's not too bad around where I live, it seems to have changed in the last 20 years. There was a time when the kids were tiny (which is how I know that it was 20yrs, where did that go?) that we couldn't go out for a walk without getting dogshit on our shoes. It was a ritual to have to take the shoes off at the door and inspect everyone's. It wan't just the kids either, we'd all get our un-fair share.

The thread reminds me of conversations where I used to work. The subject of DS came up every nwo and then, and my colleague and I would manoeuvre the conversation to the point where 'dupe' would inevitably say ......

"well personally, I blame the owners"

Just so one of us could come back with..."No it's definitely the dog, I've seen them do it"

Small pleasures.

The older I get, the better I was.

• taff..
    taff.. Posts: 81
    speak to your council dog warden, taken from my local council's website
    Dog fouling

Our Dog Wardens carry out a range of duties to prevent and reduce dog fouling in public areas. These duties include the routine patrols of parks and open spaces, presentations to schools and the issuing of fixed penalty notices to dog owners who fail to clean up the mess left after their dog.

Failure to clean up after your dog is a criminal offence. Dog owners who fail to clean up after their dog can be fined and even prosecuted in court.

If you are aware of specific individuals who allow their dog to foul, please report it.
  • My dog's turds are so large that if I didn't pick them up you could hollow a couple out and use them to execute me by way of scaphism.

My dog is a dalmatian, his name is Domino and I got him from the dog's home.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Pituophis wrote:
    :evil:

Yes, Sodium Chlorate (if you can get it) inside it and / or broken up light bulb.
  • Pituophis
    Lagrange wrote:
    Pituophis wrote:

Yes, Sodium Chlorate (if you can get it) inside it and / or broken up light bulb.

I've decided to follow the legal route first, and been in touch with the council.
    When I get no joy of them, I had already thought of one of your suggestions. Sodium Chlorate? I will go and look that up now :wink:
  • Pituophis
    Quick update;
    The council actually seem to be taking it quite seriously so far (early days)!
    No dogs need die just yet.
    It seems Sodium Chlorate should not be stored next to the sugar, and buying it may even attract unwanted attention.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Lagrange wrote:
    Pituophis wrote:

but be careful you dont get spotted doing it. it would be a terrible. terrible shame if you were hospitalised by a violent owner.

or maybe not?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Pituophis wrote:
    It seems Sodium Chlorate should not be stored next to the sugar, and buying it may even attract unwanted attention.

It used to be sold as weed killer. It was very good at this, nothing grew in ground that had been treated with it, nothing!

As you say, it shouldn't be next to sugar or anything else that is capable of burning as it causes things to spontaneously combust or even explode.

It's a rather extreme way of getting rid of a dog I'd have thought, considering that a 4" cube of sponge soaked in Bovril will do the job just as well.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Pituophis
    but be careful you dont get spotted doing it. it would be a terrible. terrible shame if you were hospitalised by a violent owner.

or maybe not?[/quote]

I'd much rather discuss it with the owner than the dog any day of the week.
    I've been keeping my eye out especially for that purpous :wink: