What to buy

ally1967
ally1967 Posts: 2
edited February 2013 in Road beginners
Hi folks i am a keen off roader but now i want to start on road bikes but i dont know what to buy, I am
looking to spend roughly £800 and would appreciate the advise as i have been looking for a while. Cheers

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    I'd suggest a road bike
  • ShutUpLegs wrote:
    I'd suggest a road bike

What a twat.... :roll:
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    I'd suggest a road bike

You could spec up a v nice Ribble for around that - the sportive 7005 with Mavic Askiums and a Tiagra groupset for example.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/bbg/road-track-bike/ribble-alloy-road-bikes?sub=conf_BBRA&type=RIBMO
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    huge choice of decent entry level road bikes for that price. Scott, Trek, Giant, Specialized, Ribble, BTwin from Decathlon - very respectable for not much money and enough change to buy a cupboard full of lycra and shiny accessories. I'd be temped to go for whichever one looks coolest without having the most basic entry level group set.
    You might want to go for a triple ring crank as its a bit of a shock at first on gearing after riding a mtb.
  • I'd sell your MB and related gubbins and buy a Bottecchia.
    the deeper the section the deeper the pleasure.
  • I bought a Giant Defy 2 which retail around £799.95 mark, had a Defy 3 previous to this. Read the reviews in Cycling Plus on the Giant bikes, they are consistently good. Plenty of choice though, I was looking at a Cube Peloton which is a beaut in the 2012 colours but without trying it I was a bit wary of buying online. I know Giant works for me. Good luck in choosing and let us know what you go for.