Your Favourite Drink....

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited February 2013 in The bottom bracket
To watch sport - any sport.

I've narrowed it down - for footy its either guinness (if i'm out) - some kind of cheap bitter if the footys on tele, and bizarrely Leffe (the blonde one) if its cycling but only the classics.

Does wine and watching sport mix?
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Tea or water. I gave up on the alcohol and coffee a while ago.
    It used to be beer, either lager or bitter.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    edited February 2013
    Quality European lager usually.
    The only exception seems to be international rugby for some reason*.
    A (edit:- malt) nip for each penalty or conversion Scotland score. A double for a try.
    Most games are safe-ish but it can get messy. :wink:

*Possibly due to taking a hip flask to matches.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Guinness for the rugby. Cold Brains SA Gold for anything else or a nice Pinot Grigio :oops:
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Guinness for the rugby. Cold Brains SA Gold for anything else or a nice Pinot Grigio :oops:

Pinot grigio!!why not go the whole hog and drink lambrini! :wink:

Good choice on the brain's though
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    Old Jamaica ginger beer and if i'm feeling a bit daring I stick a shot of Crabbies Ginger Mac in it.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    A nice poncy Ricard and a Gauloise. Un freakin' beatable.

Otherwise a really nice pint of local real ale (all changes dependant on where you are) and a packet of pork scratchings.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Yossie wrote:
    A nice poncy Ricard and a Gauloise. Un freakin' beatable.

Otherwise a really nice pint of local real ale (all changes dependant on where you are) and a packet of pork scratchings.

Not Navy Rum and 40 Capstains ? Bloody froggy lover... oops, I am on the right thread ?

Quick backpedal (no pun intended)..

One has a shot of Dimple Haig or Drambui with Smoked Salmon Canapes of gently fried Mongolian woodlice gums pickled in Black Label Smirnoff topped with Nightingale nipple juice drizzled with extra virgin.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    A nice bottle of Biddenden cider. Just for any west country types, Kentish cider > Somerset cider, so there.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Weiss beer.After a long cold day XC skiing.Preferably in my favourite Swiss village. With a slice of lemon as is the way.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600

Not Navy Rum and 40 Capstains ? Bloody froggy lover... oops, I am on the right thread ?

No because that's what people in the Navy do and they all take it up the bum. Nothing worse than a sailor apart from a crap hat - and at least they don't take it up the bum like Navy boys do.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Babysham. Never out of place.

• Does wine and watching sport mix?

Might work with cricket. At least I assume that's why you get so many camera shots late in a days play of middle-aged men asleep under their panama hats. I think you can still take hampers into the ground with your own supplies too unless that's another tradition that's been trashed by miserable officialdom.

I like a Heineken or German pilsner with my football and real ale with my rugby. Haven't tried drinking with cycling on yet, that would mean a mid-afternoon start and I've lousy discipline once I get the taste for it...I'd be trashed far too early.

What about being influenced by other things you are watching? I've been a bourbon fan for a while with a modest collection and once made the mistake of watching all 3 Deadwood series pretty much back to back over a few weeks..I was reaching for a drink everytime I saw someone on screen have some, that was a rough time!
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271

Does wine and watching sport mix?

Might work with cricket. At least I assume that's why you get so many camera shots late in a days play of middle-aged men asleep under their panama hats. I think you can still take hampers into the ground with your own supplies too unless that's another tradition that's been trashed by miserable officialdom.
    Trashed by miserable officialdom now I'm afraid, at least for the internationals. County games are ok. At the internationals they don't check too hard though so a flask with wine in is usually overlooked.
  • Ice cold Amigo tequila lager and Nachos on the side whilst wathching Le Tour.

Used to be Castle lager from S Africa but can't find it any more.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Ice cold Amigo tequila lager and Nachos on the side whilst wathching Le Tour.

If you don't mind getting it online Castle lager is here.

http://www.southafricanshop.co.uk/catal ... tAodGhsA3A
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Scotchy scotchy scotch of course.

This month I is mostly drinking Auchentoshan 3 wood (nothing to do with pitch and put btw).
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I'm duty bound to say red bull but I'm partial to a cup of black tea.
    Living MY dream.
  • Ice cold Amigo tequila lager and Nachos on the side whilst wathching Le Tour.

If you don't mind getting it online Castle lager is here.

http://www.southafricanshop.co.uk/catal ... tAodGhsA3A

Oohh, thanks.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    cider

technically its apple juice so counts as one of your 5 day, this is the reason i drink 8 pints per night to make me super healthy
    Keeping it classy since '83