Henley Reliability ride this weekend

Intherain
Intherain Posts: 86
Hi, can anyone tell me if this is an open ride for non club members to attend? From what I've read on here about other clubs reliability rides they seem to be.

Thanks.
Yes, I like riding in the rain...

Comments

• It's listed on the BC website so I can't see it being members only.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... -Ride-2013
  • Oh excellent, thanks - didnt think to look there - doh!
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Yup - the more the merrier.

The one thing to remember is that you need to sign on before 8.20, even if you're not going out until the faster group at 8.50. Usually have two medium speed groups going out (one faster medium at 8.45 and a slower medium at 8.40).

Nice route too - pretty flat and a good opportunity to enjoy some of the better roads around Oxfordshire. The middle stretch is a really nice run to get some easy miles in the legs.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Yup - the more the merrier.

The one thing to remember is that you need to sign on before 8.20, even if you're not going out until the faster group at 8.50. Usually have two medium speed groups going out (one faster medium at 8.45 and a slower medium at 8.40).

Nice route too - pretty flat and a good opportunity to enjoy some of the better roads around Oxfordshire. The middle stretch is a really nice run to get some easy miles in the legs.

Thanks for this. I take it sign on is around the Starbucks meeting point? Where does the route go roughly? I am familiar with the roads around there (Caversham based also!)
  • Just seen it on the GSH website. Cheers.
  • the_fuggler
    Yes - the market place outside Starbucks is the meeting and signing-in point.

I rode most of the route on a training ride a couple of weeks ago. Really nice part of the world. I joined the club at the beginning of the year and am pleased I did. Very friendly bunch with a nice mix of abilities. I certainly didn't feel overwhelmed first time out.

Three of us ride over from Caversham once a month for the group ride. I can't make it this Sunday (my wife has a training run for the Reading half), but let me know if you fancy tagging along again in future. We also go out for the odd group ride starting from Caversham too.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Hey Fuggler, that would be great. I ride for my old hometown club in the north but not a member of one in Reading. I was wondering about seeing if I could join GSH as a second claim rider - most of my riding is on my own and I'd like to get to know some other riders around here.

Do you head down to Reading track for the Tuesday and Thursday night rides at all? I will prob be there tonight and Thursday.
  • the_fuggler
    Sent you a PM!
    FCN 3 / 4