For those that can be bothered to engage with partisan loons

Comments

• CStar
    CStar Posts: 63
    Bonkers. :)
    MTB: Self-built Santa Cruz Highball Alloy 10 Spd Deore.
    Winter: Emmelle 1980's Reynolds Steel retro
    Summer: Specialized Secteur Elite w. upgrades.
    Commuter: Fausto Coppi San Remo
  • Well I'm convinced. I'm giving up cycling so that I can concentrate on playing table tennis in the road against my horse.....
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Ye gods......what a bunch of neanderthals!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • So why drivers & walkers but no other road users - or maybe its just too early in the morning for me to be dealing with dumb people :P
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    An elaborate hoax by Our own Kieran_Burns?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:

:shock:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    At least he realises what he is.

2v28d9i.jpg
  • I'm guessing the the Association of British Drivers weren't self-interested or crazy enough for this chap.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    The guys a class 1 weapon who needs to realise the car isn't the be all end all and it doesn't need to be used for all journeys and the country won't fall apart if less journeys are done by other means using the roads. Also he seems to think that the current situation with drivers literally getting away with murder is right and fair.
    He sounds like a bitter old man to me and a dinosaur.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Oh dear. He's not very clever is he? I wonder what 'select committees' are prepared to spend time listening to him..... :roll:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,484
    rjsterry wrote:

:shock:

Or is it like a Jekyll and Hyde thing, where you wake up with the lap top on and no memory of the past few hours?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Doesn't appear to be a topic for dogging. Surely that's a major feature of driving around the East Midlands?
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Rolf F wrote:
    Oh dear. He's not very clever is he?

No wonder given his background :mrgreen: , from his CV

I joined the city of London Police in 1962, where I was engaged in traffic management on the ground, accident reporting and prosecution and took all of the residential courses at Chelmsford Police Driving School where I became a class 1 advanced police driver as much of my police career I was a high speed patrol driver in London. I was also a police motor cyclist prior to that.
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    natrix wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

I joined the city of London Police in 1962, where I was engaged in traffic management on the ground, accident reporting and prosecution and took all of the residential courses at Chelmsford Police Driving School where I became a class 1 advanced police driver as much of my police career I was a high speed patrol driver in London. I was also a police motor cyclist prior to that.

It also says he's a member of Mensa - so he probably thinks he's clever.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Daddy0 wrote:
    natrix wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:

He certainly thinks he's a lot cleverer than 99% of the population. It says so somewhere on his website so it must be true. We should all bow to his superior wisdom, sell our bikes and spend our time sitting in trafic jams. I've sold my bike and I have to drive in tomorrow so he will be pleased. Me, not so much.
  • Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Wow. Just wow.
  • rolf_f
    edited February 2013
    Just remember folks, in the highly unlike event that we, as cyclists, survive til retirement, we too could end up using up our remaining years writing deranged blogs. Have some sympathy - it might be you next! :lol:
    Daddy0 wrote:

Lol. I've never quite managed to understand how Mensa gets any members. Surely anyone intelligent enough to be a member is too intelligent to want to be a member...... But that's all getting a bit Groucho Marx!
  • rolf_f
    Poo! Double post!
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Why the outrage? It's the typical diatribe of a 73-year-old.

Give the old boy credit for being able to write it down in a blog! :lol:
  • Paul E
    kelsen wrote:

Or even switch the computer on and not use the mouse as a microphone
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Paul E wrote:
    kelsen wrote:

Which, coincidentally, is what I am doing right now. I hate Speechmikes.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    There is a fine line between insanity and Genius.

IMHO, the guy is; quite simply, a prat.
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    He keeps mentioning without cars lots of people would die, how? Have people forgot to walk properly?
  • Paul E
    The country would collapse doncha know!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    The man is a one site entertainment centre. As long as you don't take things seriously.

From one of this other blogs:-

"Well one reason is that there is no such word as 'failure' in a woman's vocabulary. Men regard it a failure to not provide & protect their women & children and will generally do anything not to fail. A woman doesn't. If she chooses well she will have no such worries and be provided for. If that fails there is always the State. Then other men pick up the tag. Added to which most women know how to keep most men on the hop all their married lives. Called 'nagging' but more accurately 'not being quite good enough' or 'unsatisfied' most men try harder and harder. In Dickens' world all a man had to be was kind & a good, kind provider, like Bob Cratchet, to be loved respected and revered. In those days he didn't even need to be a good lover either! There are many horrid things men will do not to fail for their families that a woman will not. One steaming hot day, stuck at roadworks I watched men in that heat laying a new road surface. A brazier nearby and all covered in black sticky tarmac they were spreading over a hot road. Not a woman in sight. So basically compared to a man's life a woman's is a doddle. 'A woman's work is never done' is a myth like 'speed kills'. Most who indulge in the expensive recreation of horse riding are women who's men folk would have supplied the money for it. It is part of my evil humour when I see women on their horses, or even a horse box, to say: 'Here we go. A woman's work is never done. Who's the bloke who's paying for all this and what is he doing now?'

I am also pro bloke. That does not mean I am anti women any more than being pro driver makes me anti cyclist. I just say it as it is. Offend or please."

Outstanding work. :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • airbag
    airbag Posts: 201
    Paul E wrote:
    kelsen wrote:

:lol:

I'm fairly certain it's a law of blogging that number of fonts is directly proportional to level of insanity. Good to see that's being upheld.
  • He’s right we need to get rid of cyclists from the road they slow down vital motorised traffic and thus kill people.
    I notice on my commute the sheer weight of cycle traffic slowing everyone down, in their singularly occupied cars!
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    I for one would be delighted to see snooker and stamp collecting taking place on the public highway.
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    if anyone is startled by stuff like this I suggest - and only the once, mind - that you read the comments section in the daily mail on pretty much any topic and realise that no one has a monopoly on irrational idiocy, though this fellow is making a good attempt to corner the market. Anyway, life's too short to be bothered by the rantings of an impotent old man failing to come to terms with his reality. He'll soon be off the roads however and his emasculation will be complete.