The Mighty Monday Meh Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited February 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Maggots,

Today it's drizzling with rain, which is a win after a 30ºC+ week
Weekend was way to short and unproductive too, but that's what weekends are for..
I came to the conclusion I miss riding a the Forest of Dean and the daily rides I did after work at Cannock, there's just nothing like that in this side of the world. I came to this conclusion whilst pedalling the HT on tarmac in 33ºC temps yesterday
Also, in the "real world" today is payday, but, no... not here, we get paid on the last working day of the month and banks being 3rd world, means I get paid on the 1st. Epic Fail...

OMFG! I am so missing England...

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Only yourself to blame!

Mornin' wastrels

Expecting a visitor in work today so should be busy doing exciting things to exciting materials. Win.
    ....which kinda makes up for the weekend really!

More coffee definately required!

Onwards! To caffiene! And mucho busyness!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh covers it perfectly

Decent reliability ride yesterday mucked up on the ride home as due to my immense power I snapped the rear derraileur - great.

Today is a day of excel, as always.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

no riding done this weekend as my cold was in full affect. but i'm feeling better today so i'm going to knock off work an hour early and head to afan bike park to see what all the fuss is about.

laters
  • Mehning Losers!

I have the king of all 'meh' mornings. I'm having a wisdom tooth removed in a couple of hours :( It's going to be paaaiiiiin!
    Once that's over, it's back to Leeds and dosing up on the pain killers. Hopefully I'll be getting to Judo tonight, to watch from the mat side, but if I'm in agony, I'm just going to annoy my housemates.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning dribblers,

Out sat in the mud and sun on the road... I am absolutely busted, rest week this week, for once I really feel like I need it, maybe i'm coming down with aids?

Only time will tell
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Allo scuttlers

Back in work today following what turned out to be a productive week of biking for me, 4 weeks to go till my jollys.

Working until late afternoon so pretty much work, food shop then yoga

Tarah for now
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Mornin,

It seems I can't have a day off and expect anything to get done around here. Today will be spent very much catching up and muttering under my breath.

New sofa getting delivered today, last piece of the new build should arrive enabling me to finish it tonight, just had a bacon and egg sandwich. Might be a good day after all....

Til later
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I've yet to get out of bed, think I'll stay here a while as i have the day off. might go pick the bike up at some point, and go see a friend. hopefully she'll have cake
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Evening Mong lovers.

Currently trying to pursuade myself doing some work is a good idea... I'm Failing how hard is it being a train driver Gaz sounds like a good life to me.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning
    Back at work today, if I don't kill anyone, then it has been a good day for them.
    Still looks like i will be redundant as of the end of next month, but TBH i really couldnt care less, other that the fact of a job that i've been doing for the last 7 years they feel is not needed, (or the 42 others from around the country) I mean who needs someone to look after the customers anyway :roll:

On a more worrying note, i've started getting headaches after drinking coffee! Gahhh!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    vwsurfbum - shoot luck with redundancy
  • VWsurfbum
    Meh, Its hard work staying with this company TBH, they dont know there arse from their elbow, but what makes it worse is when they bought us out last year they made sure they got rid of anyone who knew what they were doing! I was lucky enough to get through but initially i was a gonner. For the last year i've pretty much done what i liked, got the work done and everyone left me alone.
    They have got rid of all my level, so there's no one left between the workers and senior managers :lol: no one to contact the customers :roll: and worst of all the ones who want to stay are being offered to work nights and weekend days :? What use is that to a customer who work 9-5 monday to friday :lol:

Who is this great company?

G4S of course.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon reprobates
    Excellent weekend in Wales was excellent. I'm generally a very happy Fox at the moment, apart from a case of anxiety/freaking out yesterday, which I managed to work out on the drive back.
    Orders and general faffing here today.

Onwards! To trying to work out what I'm supposed to be doing!
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • welshkev
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Afternoon reprobates
    Excellent weekend in Wales was excellent. FoxC

where'd you go?
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Weekends are far too short. Procrastinated for hours clearing out the wardrobe and tried to keep myself busy so I didn't go shopping instead.

Helped deliver some baby lambs yesterday. Very cute so made the weekend a bit more cheerful.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • ste_t
    VW - does that mean that the useless service I get from g4s will get even worse?! I don't even bother arguing with them any more.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    welshkev wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Afternoon reprobates

where'd you go?
    Antur Stiniog on Saturday (only did the blue run as I hadn't been on the bike for a while and wasn't feeling very brave), followed by Llandegla yesterday.
  • welshkev
    foxc_uk wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Afternoon reprobates

where'd you go?
    Antur Stiniog on Saturday (only did the blue run as I hadn't been on the bike for a while and wasn't feeling very brave), followed by Llandegla yesterday.

good choices 8)
  • MissCMC wrote:
    Helped deliver some baby lambs yesterday. Very cute so made the weekend a bit more cheerful.

Kebab?
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    No kebabs yet. Far too small. All the fat ones from last year have already been sorted and sent to market and slaughtered.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • mmmmm i'm now hungry!!
  • VWsurfbum
    ste_t wrote:
    VW - does that mean that the useless service I get from g4s will get even worse?! I don't even bother arguing with them any more.
    Steve me old mukka, depends what part, remember they are the second largest employer of feckwits in the world!

I dont work in the cash section
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Urgh Monday

Back home in Sheff
    Not been paid
    Got to go to work tonight

wahhhhhhh :'(

21 days and counting til I start back flying :)
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • Back flying...

That like a humming bird? there the only birds that can fly backwards...
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Back flying...

That like a humming bird? there the only birds that can fly backwards...

In a big tube at 37,000 feet on one of those big metal bird things, squeezing tea bags and pointing out exits.
    Cabin crew....cart tart, trolley dolley....
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • Ooo if you can fly from heathrow please and cover BA for Denmark, will be heading out there again soon and could use someone to talk crap about biking to on the flight lol.

It's an alright job mind, half decent cash bit crappy on the times mind.
  • ste_t
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Steve me old mukka, depends what part, remember they are the second largest employer of feckwits in the world!

I dont work in the cash section

Cash side with work. Took several weeks of me turning them away before they accepted that maybe the middle of lunch service wasn't the best time to turn up. Morons.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    All yogaed out and ready for bed now

Sorry to hear the news vw

Waylander re your earlier point is not hard, just boring being shut in silence in a cabin the size of a wardrobe on your own for ten hours and having to get up at 3am.

Everyone else..... thanks for shearing.... bloody predictive text that was meant to say sharing only miss cmc was shearing
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tlw1
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Meh, Its hard work staying with this company TBH, they dont know there ars* from their elbow, but what makes it worse is when they bought us out last year they made sure they got rid of anyone who knew what they were doing! I was lucky enough to get through but initially i was a gonner. For the last year i've pretty much done what i liked, got the work done and everyone left me alone.
    They have got rid of all my level, so there's no one left between the workers and senior managers :lol: no one to contact the customers :roll: and worst of all the ones who want to stay are being offered to work nights and weekend days :? What use is that to a customer who work 9-5 monday to friday :lol:

Who is this great company?

G4S of course.

impressive

what is it you do for them?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    That's a bummer VWS, hope you get yourself sorted with something and a nice fat payoff. Once I was asked if I was interested doing some contract work at their head office down near Gatwick. But they fart-arsed around for so long even before I got to the interview stage I eventually told them to forget it.

Evening Gits, I've had a hard day dealing with weapons grade twunts at work and need a drink...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]