Back Wheel: Hong Fu 38 mm carbon clincher
Rim:
Spokes:
Hub:
Tube:
Tire:

Accessories:

Weight: 6.5 kilos ( bathroom scales!)

Hope to get a better photo on the maiden ride next weekend.

Comments

• Nice. Looks like a cervelo r5
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Did you take that picture with a toaster?
  • is that underwater? :wink:
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Nice. Looks like a cervelo r5

Exactly what i thought as soon as i saw the pic..

He could put stealth cervelo stickers on it and pretend its the R5ca! :roll: :wink:
  • I have designed some decals but they are not Cervelo! Its not a Cervelo anyway. I shall retake photos using my camera instead of my phone and hopefully in some sunlight next weekend.
  • Would love to see some more photos of this! Especially ones not taken underwater/with a toaster. The frame looks great.

Interested in what you had previous to this and how this compares with regards to stiffness and ride quality.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    This looks awesome! :D

I'm considering getting one of these in the future, but I can't find them anywhere. Where did you purchase this from?

Thanks!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    could be OK but my eyes are all blurry.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    declan1 wrote:

I'm considering getting one of these in the future, but I can't find them anywhere. Where did you purchase this from?

Thanks!

Not sure where the OP bought from but look here:

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/e_products/?big_id=4
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • i just finished my chinese carbon (MC066 same as the OP's)...i can't say i am keen on buying another frame...

there are a lot of design issues with these chinese carbon...No.1 is the dame internal routing, it's bad. No.2 the paint job i got wasn't great, no lacquer protection just some powder pain on naked carbon...and only 1 layer of the paint. No.3 you never get 100% the stuff you want in the cardboard box...i had to find spare bolts and a seat post i ordered didn't come with parts, and no seat clamps which was supposed to be sent with...

next frame - Canyon for me or a Supersix Evo (gonna be waiting a long time for that on classified)
    Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
    Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg
  • Cable routing was a piece of p*ss, all items ordered were in the box, this is the third frame I have bought from Hong-Fu and the service has been spot on every time. The hardest job on the build was the Campag 11 speed chain connection, 2 broken nipples @ over a fiver a time, finally resorted to a KMC missing link, I stiil struggle with handle bar tape as well. I shall take some better pictures tonight and first ride is due at the week-end.

I now have a FM001 for sale is any one is interested?
  • declan1 wrote:

Thanks!

Speak to Jenny @ http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/e_products/?big_id=4
  • don't know about Hong Fu, but I certainly won't deal with miracle bike again.

anyway, Deng Fu is meant to be the leading supplier for these sort of things. I can't say from personal experience but from what Velobuild forum says. The HongFu girls (skype) seem to be a bit too overly friendly...(no not that kind!)...they bugged me for a month when i asked them if they have BB test data and vertical compliance data on the frame.
    Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
    Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg
  • Looks super nice in the new photos. Would love to know how it rides in comparison to what I ride but unfortunately that can't happen! Is there much flex and what's the ride quality like?
  • And how much were the frame and wheels if you don't mind revealing?
  • Neale1978
    Neale1978 Posts: 484
    Damn those seat stays are thin! Great looking bike though
  • RideOnTime
    Hong-Kong Fu - E :roll:
  • I bought their 38mm wheels and took them off in August/Sept timeframe. I did not ride them during the winter. There was a crack in the wheel so I contacted them to get the rim replaced as it looks like a manufacturer's defect the way the crack is developed. They wouldn't replace it because it is one month or so outside their warranty window. Was very bummed about this. Generally, manufacturer's defect are replaced since there was no other type of abuse on the wheel. I am not buying any wheels from them.
  • trooperk
    trooperk Posts: 189
    gehanineil wrote:
    I bought their 38mm wheels and took them off in August/Sept timeframe. I did not ride them during the winter. There was a crack in the wheel so I contacted them to get the rim replaced as it looks like a manufacturer's defect the way the crack is developed. They wouldn't replace it because it is one month or so outside their warranty window. Was very bummed about this. Generally, manufacturer's defect are replaced since there was no other type of abuse on the wheel. I am not buying any wheels from them.

Its experience like yours that scares me from buying direct from China, although good value but a lot of the manufacturers have shockingly bad quality control and such a lottery getting what you pay for.
    Specialized-The clitoris of bikes.
  • Impressive build weight.

Without detracting from this thread - there is another 'Chinese Carbon Wheels/Frames) thread with pictures of delaminating due to heat build up (using incorrect pads) and other horror stories. I have purchased frames/wheels/hubs direct from China - my CX or as Planet X sell them as 'Dirty Disco' is still going strong 1 year on. My 50mm clinchers were great until I hit a hole.

I wouldn't hesitate to get another Chinese frame/wheels. Be specific and double check the emails.

Get some decals (and a Garmin mount) and enjoy the bike. Good job.
  • RideOnTime
    Dozzina wrote:
    Impressive build weight.

I'll say.
  • rusty100
    rusty100 Posts: 1
    In my opinion, you would be crazy to buy anything from Hong Fu.

I recently had one of their stems fail catastrophically while travelling at 50km/h. The stem was as new, the bike had never previously been crashed, and there were no signs of wear. It just broke into two pieces and I hit the road HARD!

I contacted Hong Fu and all they said was that the stem only had a 2 month warranty and I should expect it to fail (mine was a year and a half old). Do they expect you to buy a box of 6 stems just to get you through one year? For that expense, you'd be much better off buying a known and reliable brand, not these amateurs.

Screw that! Here's some photos

https://www.facebook.com/hongfuwarning

Ride at your own risk! I will never touch them again!