My Modest steed

MountainMonster
MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
edited November 2014 in Your road bikes
Figured i'd post some pictures up as I have good a new wheelset ordered. 2012 Carrera Virutoso with a few other mods, pannier racks and lights come off at the weekend or when going for a serious ride. Hope you guys like it!

Some new Ultegra wheels should be here on Tuesday :D

DSC00817_zps29ba8cc9.jpg

DSC00816_zps0db0b9de.jpg

DSC00818_zps42f661ea.jpg

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Certainly looks like it took a trip through Halfords...

What are the aero bars for?
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Sorry but that gives Embarassing Bodies a run for its money, hideous, but if thats what you like, ridings, ridings I suppose.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    never...seen...anything...like it...
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Wow. I've never seen so many bolt-on bits on a bike in my lifetime.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • I like the colour scheme of the frame, but the bike is certainly, erm, a little over-embellished...
  • Hey guys,

Due to financial reason this is going to be the bike that ticks every box for me until I get a new summer bike. I know it is a little much with the bolt ons, but it is just a computer, my lights and rear rack, so not too much!
  • Grill
    And aero bars, which I still don't understand.
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Are those Time pedals?

Lots of cables going on there...

I had a phase where I had aero bars on my road bike, but that was a long, long time ago. I'll forgive ya.

Something about your bike, reminds me of the Ghostbusters car...there's just so much going on!

aa_1959_cadillac_ambulance_ghostbusters.jpg
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    I like the bike itself,think it looks good in those colours.Think with it being a halfords bike Its never going to get much positive feed back.The add ons would get slated on any bike I think.I also own a carrera and love it so dont make excuses for your ride just to placate a bunch of strangers on the interweb.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    not a bad bike underneath all the crap! but still:

25yuswsw28295.gif

First thing i'd do is get rid of the aero bars.. surely if its the right size you should be able to get your forearms on the bars properly?
  • I enjoy the aero bars for training, so they'll definitely be staying :)

Thanks for the feedback
  • Grill
    Training for what? Considering you have pretty much zero drop, the aero bars will actually put you less aero than riding the drops.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    elderone wrote:
    I like the bike itself,think it looks good in those colours.Think with it being a halfords bike Its never going to get much positive feed back.The add ons would get slated on any bike I think.I also own a carrera and love it so dont make excuses for your ride just to placate a bunch of strangers on the interweb.

ironically, nobody else has mentioned anything about Halfords - except you.. ;)
  • Grill wrote:
    Training for what? Considering you have pretty much zero drop, the aero bars will actually put you less aero than riding the drops.

Training for my own fun. I enjoy them so that's that :)
  • Grill
    Grill wrote:

And I enjoy fat girls, but you won't see me posting pictures of the ones I've ridden.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    declan1 wrote:
    Wow. I've never seen so many bolt-on bits on a bike in my lifetime.

You have lived a very sheltered life. What's it got? Aerobars, a slightly clumsy front light with an external battery, a rack and Cruds. And the mismatched cages aren't ideal but hardly a hanging offence (and you have bad form on cages so you should be sympathetic there :lol: ). There's not even dork disc or reflectors.

The only offence IMO are the aerobars which don't sit well with the other stuff but really, everything else is just essentials for winter commutes.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    panniers and aero's hmmmmmm. no.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    i like the bike it looks pretty nice, but yes the bolt ons are ott, saying that....you love it so who gives a damn!....get out and ride and make sure you fly past all the gripers!
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • I like your bike, MountainMonster!

I like the fact it's a "do it all bike"......... Well, maybe not cyclocros!

Enjoy!

Cheers
  • Thanks for the words guys. Believe me, I know it's cluttered, but I'm just patiently waiting until I get my dream bike so have to deal with multi purpose monster :)
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    What... No saddle bag?
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    I reckon a couple of these would really bling up this ride. Call it; a finishing touch.

spoke_beads.jpg
  • Ooooh I havnt had spokey dokes in a while cool!
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    To be fair it's actually quite a good winter bike/commuting hack.

Apart from the aero bars that is.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    I see a bike like that and think "I bet he rips past dentists on their Pinarello's".

Ok so it's not going to win any prizes (except perhaps the bike with the most unusual set up award 2013) but I just know the OP is going to be quick..has to be, just think of all the strength he must have to actually get a bike with all that kit bolted onto it to even move :-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • I don't even bother racing at the TdF, this bike is just too much for the other people to handle with me training on it. So I just let them play around with each for 3 weeks, would be far too easy to win.
  • Grill
    I thought the reason you didn't ride the tour is because you'd have to 86 your aero bars...
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Grill wrote:
    Grill wrote:

And I enjoy fat girls, but you won't see me posting pictures of the ones I've ridden.

:D:D:D
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Bunch of bike snob arseholes in this thread.
  • Grill
    Bustacapp wrote:
    Bunch of bike snob arseholes in this thread.

In what way? I think everyone who has posted here likes the bike, it's the bolt-ons we have trouble accepting. Would you go out with a hot girl who happened to have had surgery to add a penis because she "likes the function"?