Bicycle Security

Oglucas
Oglucas Posts: 7
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
Hi everyone,

I am carrying out research into bicycle security as part of a design project to come up with new innovative security solutions. I would be most grateful if you would spend one minute to fill out my short survey (only 10 multiple choice questions)

Many Thanks

Survey Link:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L9T7FWY

Please post any other comments below

Comments

• daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    I just did your survey. I answered "road bike", but I ride BMX a 29er hybrid and a road bike.

Another thing you haven't taken into account are people like me, who refuse to lock their bikes up outside in order to avoid having it or part of it stolen or vandalised.
  • Thank you for filling out the survey and your additional comment.
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    Completed.. On the lock question, I use a d lock and cable... Possibly a change in answers.
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    The best feature you could put on a "bike locking point" is a better bike with a worse lock next to mine.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    As usual with these surveys, they can't cover all the bases for the more enthusiastic like us, they would probably be fine for the majority though....done for you.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.