Chain set Shimano R700 Compact

Pedals Shimano PD M770 SPDs

Shifters Shimano Tiagra 9spd STI

Seat Clamp On One 29.8mm

Handlebars Specialized Comp 6061 alloy short-reach drop bars

Stem Specialized Sport 3D forged alloy stem

Saddle Charge Spoon

Cables Gore Brake, Jagwire Ripcord Gear

Extras Stainless Steel A2 Socket Bolts throughout, Black Bar Tape, Sram Quickview Garmin Mount

Help needed with:
Rack Tortec Hybrid Velocity
Due to the mounts on the wishbone stay I need a rack akin to this but with straight fittings, Tortec top arms are bent.

Mudguards SKS Chromoplastics
Will be running 25 or 28 Gatorskins but will need the width for 32c which suggests 45 section guards. Can I get away with 35 section guards or not with Specialized Houffalize Sport CX 32c tyres?

Wheels 700c Disc Round & True
Seen some good prices on Shimano 29er wheels but the lack of spokes turns me away but like the centerlock hubs. Options I'm looking at are Halo Freedom 29er wheels or sourcing the hubs, spokes and rims and lacing the wheels and letting the LBS finish the job for me with a budget of £200~.
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    For my CX wheel build I used XT hubs, DT Comp spokes and Mavic CXP22 rims, <£150 including the build from Chainreaction.

Good quality parts and pretty cheap, i wanted centre lock so depending on which rotors you want choose the hubs to suit.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd get the wheels set as above.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    rubertoe wrote:
    For my CX wheel build I used XT hubs, DT Comp spokes and Mavic CXP22 rims, <£150 including the build from Chainreaction.

Good quality parts and pretty cheap, i wanted centre lock so depending on which rotors you want choose the hubs to suit.

What length spokes did you use? I've got a measurement but not 100% happy with it.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I asked CRC about that, I thought I would have to do the measuring myself, which was daunting to say the least. I didnt, I put all the items in the basket added wheelbuild to the notes - 5 days later the wheels arrived.

Happy days.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills