what happened to the unpc joke thread?

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited February 2013 in The bottom bracket
well?

edit:this sounds a bit aggressive, which wasnt intended, just curious if it was taken down, and if so why?!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sexist and racist "jokes" are still not allowed.

if you want to partake of such topics you can do it somewhere that approves of them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • how come the thread lasted so long then?, again just interested
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I guess it just took a while for someone to report the thread? Bit of a shame, although the jokes did seem to get progressively less funny throughout the thread
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    It's like the farce that gave birth to "bottom bracket" all over again. I've heard of the nanny state, is this the nanny forum????
  • i believe it was some mummys boy communter called mybreakfastconsistedof - who made the patronising assertion that you can only discuss gay issues if you are gay, can only discuss race issues if you are non-white, and can only discuss sexual assault if you've been raped. I think in this case the mods let adults be adults and only removed it after a complaint

Anyway given that political correctness was a middle class conceit to exclude certain sections of society from cultural debate it's unsurprising that a thread with 'non pc' in the title receives a complaint from a middle class white male. - it would be far easier to ban the whole communter section from BB, that way we can safely say all tits are banned :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Boo boo hiss boo! :roll:
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Monkeypump wrote:
    It's like the farce that gave birth to "bottom bracket" all over again. I've heard of the nanny state, is this the nanny forum????

It's not a nanny state/forum as nannies are caring people, who think about the welfare of their charges. Bit unfair on nannies.

My fondest memory from childhood was shagging my nanny.
    Right in the middle she said, "We have to stop this. I feel like such a whore."
    I said, "Why? I'm not paying you, my parents are!"
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    The thread was probably deleted due to the sheer blandness of the 'jokes' posted.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Monkeypump
    team47b wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:

It's not a nanny state/forum as nannies are caring people, who think about the welfare of their charges. Bit unfair on nannies.

My fondest memory from childhood was shagging my nanny.
    Right in the middle she said, "We have to stop this. I feel like such a whore."
    I said, "Why? I'm not paying you, my parents are!"

I'm sure there's a joke in there about underage boys shagging their nanny, but we can't tell it because the thread has disappeared.
  • Monkeypump
    The thread was probably deleted due to the sheer blandness of the 'jokes' posted.

Or because some overbearing, humourless whinger complained?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Monkeypump wrote:

Or because some overbearing, humourless whinger complained?

It's highly likely that a complaint was received from a whinger who was both humourless and overbearing.

However that doesn't detract from the fact that racism, homophobia and sexism aren't generally accepted anymore and clearly the publishers who own the forum agrees.

Still. The original thread was subject to a high degree of self censorship and I stick by my 'bland' comment.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Is it not the forum owner's job to get as many views as possible to justify advertising revenues?

So to alienate/pi55 people off (or even to instruct them to go to another forum) to a point where they leave is counter productive.

and, yes the 'jokes' were not big or clever but as adults we are perfectly able ignore the bits of the internet that would offend us (the advertising!)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • i believe it was some mummys boy communter called mybreakfastconsistedof - who made the patronising assertion that you can only discuss gay issues if you are gay, can only discuss race issues if you are non-white, and can only discuss sexual assault if you've been raped. I think in this case the mods let adults be adults and only removed it after a complaint

Anyway given that political correctness was a middle class conceit to exclude certain sections of society from cultural debate it's unsurprising that a thread with 'non pc' in the title receives a complaint from a middle class white male. - it would be far easier to ban the whole communter section from BB, that way we can safely say all tits are banned :lol:

That isn't what I said. I said jokes about raping people can only really be understood as the utterly offensive filth that they are if you have been raped. The thread served its purpose as a briefly efficient way of exposing the racists on the forum, there are places on the internet where you can read stuff like that, this isn't one of them.

Political correctness is basically not deliberately causing offence, calling handicapped people names or saying Eastern European get pregnant from flies in their vagina. You don't want to deliberately offend people, do you?

That isn't what I said. I said jokes about raping people can only really be understood as the utterly offensive filth that they are if you have been raped. The thread served its purpose as a briefly efficient way of exposing the racists on the forum, there are places on the internet where you can read stuff like that, this isn't one of them.

Political correctness is basically not deliberately causing offence, calling handicapped people names or saying Eastern European get pregnant from flies in their vagina. You don't want to deliberately offend people, do you?

Haha - which racists are those - the ones who defined race as an opposition between black and those with 'white privilege' - why white, why black, who would reduce peoples to simplistic definitions of colour - why that would be you - you did it.

Who would say that my gay friend simon could not use the word fag - why it was you - you said that.

Who adopted the patronising attitude that he, and he alone knows how offended are victims of sexual abuse - hey, that would be you too.

You seem to speak on behalf of an awful lot of people - as I said when you made your comments originally, if you are not a blck, gay victim of sexual abuse then your middle posturing is nothing more that.

Political correctness is a bourgeois agenda that was designed to restrict debates about society to the middle and upper classes - if the 'correct political' terms arent used then you have no say. Keep suckling your mummys teat - but when she finishes tit feeding you, you're going to find the big wide world a scary place indeed.

By the way, I know you from another forum, why don't you tell BR folks what you said about what you'd do if an 'foreign' (and i'm being polite - you didnt actually use the word foreign) moved in next door to you - very telling mr mybreakfastconsisted - very telling indeed.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • What on earth are you talking about? What are you claiming I said about someone foreign moving in next door? What other forum?
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? lol
  • And who in the name of left-handed Greek buggery is Gay Simon?
  • isnt the point of bottom bracket for such stuff? why do right on PC thug commuters even venture in the road BB section? unless they are knowingly looking for trouble and to report and snitch to provide some sort of vindication in their own minds for their miserably little lives???!! i wonder if you wear a helmet cam?
  • what he say cleat? come on spill the beans, maybe he will get banned?
  • cleat's upset he can't post his rape remarks so he's making up stuff about me being racist. Or he really is hysterically paranoid and thinks that everyone on the internet who thinks he's a twat is the same person.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    i believe it was some mummys boy communter called mybreakfastconsistedof - who made the patronising assertion that you can only discuss gay issues if you are gay, can only discuss race issues if you are non-white, and can only discuss sexual assault if you've been raped. I think in this case the mods let adults be adults and only removed it after a complaint

I believe the term that most readers are looking for is ; weapons grade tit.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Dude, nobody's stopping you from posting idiotic remarks about raping women. If rape jokes make you happy there are loads of places you can seek relief. Just not here, ok?

And it's "Weapon's Grade" and "Science adjusts its beliefs", kind of proving the maxim that it's usually rape jokes and racist jokes that amuse those of limited education.
  • MattC59
    edited February 2013
    Dude, nobody's stopping you from posting idiotic remarks about raping women. If rape jokes make you happy there are loads of places you can seek relief. Just not here, ok?

And it's "Weapon's Grade" and "Science adjusts its beliefs", kind of proving the maxim that it's usually rape jokes and racist jokes that amuse those of limited education.

Yes, it's been pointed out to me, but is left there for ill informed, pedantic weapons grade tits to point out.
    :roll:

Assuming that, as you referred to my sig, you were suggesting that I was amused by the racist/rape jokes, would you care to point out where I indicated this ?

Anyway, what better place is there than in a thread with very clear warnings on it that it contains offensive material, in a forum which you have to be a member to have access to, which also has very clear warnings on it ?

I'd suggest that if you still read its contents and were offended, despite the warnings, then it is you who may or may not be well educated, but is clearly of limited intelligence and common sense.
  • And if your mum was raped?
  • MattC59
    And if your mum was raped?

Well done, you've confirmed what I originally stated :roll:
  • Interesting that you avoid the question.

Say your mother was violently raped, had internal injuries and a severely bruised mouth. Explain to me how you would respond to rape jokes.
  • MattC59
    Interesting that you avoid the question.

Say your mother was violently raped, had internal injuries and a severely bruised mouth. Explain to me how you would respond to rape jokes.

If they were posted in a thread which was clearly marked as offensive, then I'm sure I wouldn't find them funny, but I wouldn't p*ss and whine about it, I'd choose to look elsewhere.

If you choose to read a thread clearly marked as offensive, don't be surprised if you're offended.

As for avoiding the question, care to answer mine ?
  • So, if I set up a thread called "The Offensive Mattc59's mum's been raped thread" it would be your fault if you were offended?
  • MattC59 wrote:
    Interesting that you avoid the question.

As for avoiding the question, care to answer mine ?

You haven't asked me any questions.
  • MattC59
    So, if I set up a thread called "The Offensive Mattc59's mum's been raped thread" it would be your fault if you were offended?

Of course, but that's targeted and not marked as a joke.

Are you really that dim ?