Which South Wales Trail Centre?

mcnultycop
mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
edited February 2013 in Routes
I'm going to be heading down to Cardiff for the egg chasing next month; I'm thinking of taking the opportunity to go down a day earlier (so the Friday) and hit one of the South Wales trail centres. I'm thinking Brechfa, but I'm open to suggestions - travelling doesn't bother me.

I'm riding alone and I'm not very gnar, so rocks and big drops aren't my favourite things. For reference I usually ride Lee/Cragg (not the black bits) and sometimes Llandegla.

Comments

• jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    Well, i rode Derwen at Brechfa on Monday and can't recommend it enough, however it's a bit of trek if you're only coming as far as Cardiff. Blaengarw, Afan and Cwmcarn all closer, and there's surely enough variation in that lot to keep you happy.

If you haven't already, then check www.mbwales.com for more details, plus links pdf trail maps for each centre.
  • mcnultycop
    Cheers, I had already had a look on there - there is too much choice.

I'm not too fussed about travelling (I'll have already done 200 odd miles, another 50 doesn't make any difference) but The Wall at Afan does look fun. I may look at riding that on the Friday then get a bit of a more natural route in the Brecon Beacons on Satruday morning.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    mcnultycop wrote:
    Cheers, I had already had a look on there - there is too much choice.

I'm not too fussed about travelling (I'll have already done 200 odd miles, another 50 doesn't make any difference) but The Wall at Afan does look fun. I may look at riding that on the Friday then get a bit of a more natural route in the Brecon Beacons on Satruday morning.

yeah, the wall is a great trail. brechfa is reall good and if you don't mind driving it's worth it. but if you haven't done the wall before, that's 1 to cross off the list definately.
  • mcnultycop
    I reckon The Wall it is then.

I'll have a look for some bike friendly accomodation.
  • Ifyou are doing the Wall make sure you leave some time to look at the bike park - well worth exploring!
    Don't worry about rain - skin is waterproof
  • mcnultycop
    Just had a look at the Cognation youtube vid of the Bike Park. Looks fun; I'll go and embarrass myself on there.