Kinesis T2 2013 winter bike

Crispyapp
Crispyapp Posts: 344
edited August 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi all, sadly a few months ago I had my Ridley winter bike stolen and as such I needed a new 1. I decided to buy myself a Kinesis and this is the end result. The bike rides really great and tbh I'm not sure why I never had 1 before now.

Build includes.

2013 blk gloss Kinesis T2 frame
DC01 Kinesis carbon fork
Mavic Cosmic Elite Wheelset
Sram Force groupset
Fizik Arione saddle
Deda bars stem and post
Continental GP 4000s tyres
SKS longboard mud guards
Tacx Teo bottle cages

Hope you like it and would love to hear your feedback, apologies for the pic quality it's taken with my iPhone... :roll:

2n9z139.jpg
Look 595 ultra - F+F for sale.....
Cervelo r5
Merida Carbon 1500 flx MTB

Comments

• Just to let you know, this is a T2 model, the TK3 is the one with a 1.5 to 1 1/8 fork on it. :) Lovely bike, i have one myself for winter training.
    Give me a hill, then i shall enjoy the suffering!

"I love the mountains, but the moment of exertion fills me with deep hatred. So I try to shorten the suffering." -Marco Pantani
  • Yes sorry I realised after I had posted.... Typo...
    Cervelo r5
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    like it... :lol:
  • Great looking bike, though I would say as I have the same frame myself. Bloody good winter/do it all bike IMHO
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Great looking bike, though I would say as I have the same frame myself. Bloody good winter/do it all bike IMHO

I really couldn't agree more. This is the first winter bike I've had that I wouldn't actually mind riding through crappy summer days. It's a really good ride, v comfy and responsive. It's a pleasure to ride.
    Cervelo r5
  • Great choice. Superb frame/fork, surprisingly comfy - on a par with steel in my opinion. I know because I replaced a 531 frame with this one.

I use mine all year round. Love it.
  • Doomism
    Doomism Posts: 17
    Looks great! I'm actually considering a Kinesis custom build for my next bike.

Any thoughts on choice between T2 and TK3?

My last bike was a fairly heavy 80's steel road bike. Weight aside, it was quick and responsive and I quite enjoyed the ride, but now I'm after something more upto date with a greater gear range.

I'm guessing the T2 will feel lighter than my old bike straight away, but figured, as it's my "all year round" only bike, it might be worth spending a little extra.

Also, did you put this together yourself or get the LBS to help you out with build and ultimately fit? I'm only slightly concerned about getting the sizing right.
  • Crispyapp
    Crispyapp Posts: 344
    I bought the frame at the last min around nov I think it was because I had my winter bike stolen. This was the only kinesis frame I could find at that time in my size as they are very popular and given the time of yr they had all been sold. Ideally I wanted the tk3 in grey as I liked the matching fork and it was the newest model but having now got the t2 and put quite a lot of miles on it since then I have to say I'm very happy with it.

I built the bike myself, i got the bike shop to swap over my bb and cut my steerer but that was it. I understand thetk3 has a smoother ride than the t2 but I can't comment as I've never ridden 1. I have a cervelo r5 for my best bike and tbh in the current weather we have ATM I'm in no rush at all to swap them over yet. That's how good these ride...
    Cervelo r5
  • Doomism
    Doomism Posts: 17
    Nice one. All I seem to read is good things from T2 owners. I'm pretty sure it will be a smoother ride than my old bike, thats for sure.

Just need to source some parts and get this little build rolling. Cheers for info!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nearly spring now... :D:D:lol::)
  • squibnocket
    squibnocket Posts: 207
    Nice bike and another happy Kinesis owner I use mine year round for winter and commuting. I bought my frame second hand had it resprayed and built it up with an Ultegra groupset. A superb bike. You'll get years of use from it.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Crispyapp wrote:
    Great looking bike, though I would say as I have the same frame myself. Bloody good winter/do it all bike IMHO

I really couldn't agree more. This is the first winter bike I've had that I wouldn't actually mind riding through crappy summer days. It's a really good ride, v comfy and responsive. It's a pleasure to ride.

Its my first winter bike ever TBH.

Find it good enough for a good spin in the nicer but rubbish times of the year & good enough to get some quality winter rides in. Plus with mudguards if I do need to commute (work from home but do some office work) its my go to choice.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Nice, I am almost finished collecting parts for a similar build. Mine's going to be pretty much all black though.
  • Very nice, i'd actually be looking forward to winter with that. Take the mudguards off in summer and it wouldn't look out of place at a sportive.
  • Nice build, go with black saddle and bar tape for winter though.
    Personally i wouldn't go better than apex or 105 for winter.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • The wheels seem a bit out of place on a winter bike, don't you think?
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Hey Crispyapp,

What brakes do you have on your build? I ask as I am having issues with the Miche Performance 57mm brakes I purchased for my now complete build. Basically the arms don't seem long enough so the pads are sitting too high...

viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=12935545

I may have to get new brakes to solve this so it would be good to hear how yours perform and how much clearance they have for the pads.

Cheers!