Which kind of bike

Miny
Miny Posts: 4
edited February 2013 in Women
Had a carrera MTB for the past few years but want a new bike. Need some advice as to what to go for as not too sure about a few thinks. At the moment I just do trails in my local area. I want to be able to start entering fun events too. I'm 5' 2" and 123lbs.

Should I go for full suss or hardtail?

26 or 29 wheels?

Any more info welcome.
Miny

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
  • Miny
    £1500
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Well, i'm 5ft 4 and I don't realistically see how a 29er would work for me, so in my opinion you should probably look at 26 bikes. As for the full suss / hardtail debate it really depends on what you personally prefer! Perhaps try a few and see what you think?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Some very good bikes for this money: as above, I'd try and test some. What are the local shops like?
  • Miny
    There is nothing available locally to try, however, made a quick decision today as there was a bike advertised on gumtree in my size. A boardman which had only been used twice at a good price. It is the original one before they downgraded a few things. Went and had a try on it and it was fine.
    This will do me for a while until I get the chance to try some more bikes although, this may be all the bike I might need.

Thanks for all the advice.

Miny