holder for 4 x 18650 batteries

oldwelshman
oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
edited February 2013 in Commuting general
Hi all.
I have been looking for a holder fo 4 x 18650 batteries and cannot find anything suitable, has anyone on here got one and can tell me where to buy?
I had 3 packs from magic shine and they all come sealed, but when I split them found one battery dud and dragging others down which are ok so I am looking for holder to fit them into so I can remove them easily to re charge.
I also bought 4 with built in protection I wish to use.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What sort do you want, 4 series, 2p/2s, 4 parallel?
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    You are best getting the two battery holders and gluing back to back. The holders need to be series, then you wire reds together and blacks (parallel). Done that myself for a pack I power a 3xT6 light.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    I have seen some hobby ones done machined from plastic with conductors inserted so you can configure 2s2p or 4p or 4s config for 3.7, 7.4 or 14.1v so I may end up milling out and copying but I was hoping someone may sell them by now, if I don't get time I guess I will do a back to back of a 2 holder as you suggest given that I am using cells with built in protection.
    I am fed up with the packs that are sold where one cell goes bad making others useless so having a holder makes it much easier.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I've gone the seperate charger route for a high drain light. Pulled a 3 year old battery pack to bits, and it had two dead cells and two decent ones. I've used these two cells for a couple of Trustfire torches.