The Igloo Peak District/Eastern Moors Cyclosportive

supermurph09
supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
Hi

I wondered if any of the forum folk are registered for this event, it'll be my first Sportive and quite a tough one. I'm doing the 80 mile route. I'm fully aware of the Rowsley Bar climb and with 8 weeks to go I'll be trying to ride some of the route to get in a little practice. My training is a little behing at the moment due to illness but with the sunny skies coming I'm hoping to catch up!

http://www.darkandwhite.co.uk/challenge ... ace_id=404

Cheers

Comments

• Its always good to see someone doing their bit for charity

How much of the £27.50 entry goes to good causes I wonder?
  • Its always good to see someone doing their bit for charity

How much of the £27.50 entry goes to good causes I wonder?

What do you mean by that? :?
  • Simple really, the website for this gig mentions a charitable contribution

Other sportives charge pretty much the same fee
    The Wiggle ones for example

These offer everything this one does plus exemplary organisation, superb signage, mechanics on site, free GPS hire, £12 worth of High5 products, personal liability insurance, a goody bag and electronic timing (versus a "dibber")

They also donate all of their £28 to charity

So how much of the £27.50 it costs to enter this one goes to charity?
    And which ones?
  • mcp73
    mcp73 Posts: 93
    Myself and a couple of friends were tempted by this, but given that we ride these roads all the time for free, we came to the decision that it wouldn't be much different doing it in a Sportive. Still enjoy it, it looks like a reasonable route.
  • Simple really, the website for this gig mentions a charitable contribution

Other sportives charge pretty much the same fee
    The Wiggle ones for example

These offer everything this one does plus exemplary organisation, superb signage, mechanics on site, free GPS hire, £12 worth of High5 products, personal liability insurance, a goody bag and electronic timing (versus a "dibber")

They also donate all of their £28 to charity

So how much of the £27.50 it costs to enter this one goes to charity?
    And which ones?

I will be honest and say that I hadn't really given much thought to the charitable side of it. In fact I was not even aware that any of it went to a charity. This will be my first Sportive and I basically just looked for something close to my home. In terms of charity, I already have some individual things planned for this year where I be looking to raise money for a charity that means something to me. I'll give the Wiggle ones a look as from you post they do see very good.

Thanks