What are your bike skills like? Honestly......

124»

Comments

• craigw99 wrote:
    + potatoe for above

What does that mean?!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    edited January 2013
    He agrees.
    Pity he can't spell.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Awesome! Think potatoe will be my word of the day tomorrow!
  • cooldad
    Google 'I can count to potato'.
    Based on your spelling both of you probably resemble the pics.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • no offence but if there was a dislike button i would click it on your post.
    Taking the pee out of the disabled is offensive.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    SteveH28 wrote:

He isn't. Unless you actually are disabled, anyway. Hmm.

Cooldad- stop taking the piss out of the potentially disabled.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cooldad
    Northwind wrote:
    SteveH28 wrote:

He isn't. Unless you actually are disabled, anyway. Hmm.

Cooldad- stop taking the wee-wee out of the potentially disabled.
    +1 potato
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    There is a Strava Bike Radar team here for this sort of thing! Guess it only works where there's congregations of riders though! Seems rather short on members too!
  • I had no fear on my MTB when I was a child, now I'm 28 and i had been suckered into road bikes from my 20's to about 25 years. I got back into MTB last year and I was a complete chicken at the smallest stuff, but mostly gotten over that initial fear now and going to do the Mega next year! :)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    cooldad wrote:
    It just seems so unnatural to eat, when in fact it is almost the opposite! but yeah thats where my bike skills are at
    If you really want to gross out, I used to have a Russian client who kept big chunks of raw beef fat in his fridge and ate big wedges of it. Looked like handfuls of lard.
    I'll try most things but that I declined.

Ha thats pretty dark. When I was sixteen I worked in a kitchen and the chefs used to drink the blood out of the bags that the meat came in. Like pints of the stuff. I think its probally pretty good for you.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I sincerely disagree - blood is toxic, because of all the iron. You can drink about a pint before you're sick. Not to mention all the blood borne diseases.
  • pesky_jones
    njee20 wrote:
    I sincerely disagree - blood is toxic, because of all the iron. You can drink about a pint before you're sick. Not to mention all the blood borne diseases.
    Haha really? Maybe it came out wrong, they wern't drinking a pint all at once. I would of thought it would of been good for you, protein and what not blah blah. Each one of the chefs drunk it, it wasn't just one crazy one haha
  • pesky_jones
    I know our bodies are completely different in terms of immunity and digestion etc but I'm pretty sure some tribes like the Maasai drink cow blood - admittedly im not sure what happens to them later on!
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Average I'd say, recently started doing drop offs without feeling totally stiff and not in control, feels much better now. Can get off the ground on jumps but nothing good. Focussing on getting faster down trails at the minute. This year is the year for me, Have rideen through the winter in shit conditions, ready to be mighty quick come the summer. :-)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    On a bad day I'm god like.
  • gregwari
    gregwari Posts: 230
    I'm a slightly overweight, unfit, below average biker who tends to compensate by buying shiny things off chain reaction cycles
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I guess in the group I ride with, I'm not the fittest or my skilful, but I am somewhere around the middle. Can't manual or wheelie particularly well. Can get my wheels of the ground and I'm fairly confident on slow and fast stuff.

I used to be fearless when younger, but now I'm 33 I have a slightly doubt when it comes to drops and jumps
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    I'm a bit rubbish. I'm a roadie at heart, so generally feel quite out of sorts on the MTB. I enjoy technical climbing but find technical trails tricky, and downhills just a bit scary.
  • On a good day I am slow and clumsy, On a bad day I crash.
    AUT PAX AUT BELLUM
    My Kayaking Blog http://naefearjustbeer.wordpress.com/
  • I'm pants at climbing and decidedly average at descending.
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    i found myself improving a lot post a ukbikeskills session.

i'm now comfortable dropping about 15ft and gap jumps up to about 20ft
    can ride some dirt jump style tables to a reasonable level but flowing consistantly on proper dj doubles is still to come.
    cornering improved hugely after Tony's input it makes a lot more sense now although i still have the occasional wobble.
    My dh riding is getting better and my xc'ing much worse but that doesn't bother me as i use the road bike for mile crunching.
    Looking forward to going to see Tony again in March and working on fine tuning a few things
  • The other day I accidentally got a jump right.

Mostly my skills are a bit meh.
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    nwmlarge wrote:
    i found myself improving a lot post a ukbikeskills session.

i'm now comfortable dropping about 15ft and gap jumps up to about 20ft
    can ride some dirt jump style tables to a reasonable level but flowing consistantly on proper dj doubles is still to come.
    cornering improved hugely after Tony's input it makes a lot more sense now although i still have the occasional wobble.
    My dh riding is getting better and my xc'ing much worse but that doesn't bother me as i use the road bike for mile crunching.
    Looking forward to going to see Tony again in March and working on fine tuning a few things

high5 !
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I'm alright at most things but not outstanding at anything. However I am almost exactly as fast as the mate I go riding with so we get to push each other and it's super competitive. Which means that our rides are always a blast
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    njee20 wrote:
    No, far too fatty.

That because it came from a proper pig I'm guessing.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Improving all the time over all. I've had bad days, and great days, and great days with some fast off's - an slow ones also. The thing is, I'm not in my teens sadly so chucking myself off stuff without any ability, on a rigid frame, is now behind me. Having said that, in the last year I'm much more "up for it" but more calculated. My skills and my willingness to try stuff has improved - it goes hand in hand. Now I'm at the sage where I want to continue my improvement to the stage where I'll be comfortable in taking a skills course (Love Jedi's blog), knowing I can get more out of it - though I know I'm probably in need of revisiting the basics before tail whips, jumps and big drop offs/ins.

I ride with all ages and all abilities. Some days some are better than others, me included.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • Mine aren't great but I like doing what I do, I'd like to be a bit fitter, braver and faster but I don't get out as much as I'd like
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444