Tossers

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,391
edited February 2013 in Commuting chat
So, it's pancake day. Do people favour tossing or over-cautious use of a spatula?
Unfortunately I have to go to a talk at my son's school so will only have time for a quick toss before I go.
I prefer sugar and lemon on my pancakes. The kid's will go for chocolate spread or something.

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I'm a Tosser.

I will be having, cheese, bacon and mushroom filled pancakes followed by tradional lemon and sugar.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Pancake day is not compatible with race weight target (plus it's club night) :( Will be having a surrogate one later in the year :)

But yeah, I toss, cautiously...
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I'm not having pancakes until Thursday as I'm in Salford today :(
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • veronese68
    Asprilla wrote:
    Go see MSM. She'll be having chocolate pancakes covered in chocolate whilst wearing chocolate if I'm not mistaken.
  • asprilla
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Go see MSM. She'll be having chocolate pancakes covered in chocolate whilst wearing chocolate if I'm not mistaken.

She's the other side of Manchester, unfortunately.

I miss working next to the Good Food team; I was fat then.

Annoyingly the team are having a bake-off this week, but it's scheduled for Thursday and I'll be back in London then.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    self confessed tosser here,

for all the other tossers on board, are you single or double handed?

i like to use both hands to get some height - you know to impress the mrs an stuff
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    From the sound of it there is some tossing going on in Leadenhall Mkt as we speak.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • veronese68
    One handed, the other arm is used to aid balance. Like the guy on the right:
    stevejason.jpg
    But with a less flamboyant hat as that is just being silly. And obviously a pan in place of a sword.
  • mattwood
    mattwood Posts: 148
    I tend to go for a gentle toss.

Single handed as above, and occasionally accompanied by a multi-flip toss. The hat would complete my day though, if I could find one :P
  • veronese68
    mattwood wrote:
    I tend to go for a gentle toss.

Single handed as above, and occasionally accompanied by a multi-flip toss. The hat would complete my day though, if I could find one :P
    No, I tried it. The pancake caught on the brim of the hat then stuck to my face. If you must wear a hat whilst tossing I recommend a fez.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I let my wife do the tossing for me. I just sit back and admire her handiwork.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Asprilla wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Annoyingly the team are having a bake-off this week, but it's scheduled for Thursday and I'll be back in London then.

Are they not doing any in the canteen on Q5? Last year they had Andrew Nutter (so a total tosser) tossing for Comic Relief.

Unfortunately none of that sort of thing going on at the velodrome - you can't even get chocolate in the velo cafe, so I will be getting on down with some wrist action when I get home.

God, with all this pancake innuendo I've turned into Mudcow....
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Single handed toss for me, its all in the wrist. I only have a small pan.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    msmancunia wrote:
    so I will be getting on down with some wrist action when I get home.
    Being a burd I thought you'd give it the mancunia-flick!

Me? I don't toss, I use a spatula. Ms DDD hates when I spray it everywhere.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    mudcow007 wrote:
    for all the other tossers on board, are you single or double handed?

i like to use both hands to get some height - you know to impress the mrs an stuff

Single handed with the free hand used to steady myself. No point in getting extra height if it just goes all over the place. No one wants to clean that up.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • asprilla
    msmancunia wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Are they not doing any in the canteen on Q5? Last year they had Andrew Nutter (so a total tosser) tossing for Comic Relief.

Unfortunately none of that sort of thing going on at the velodrome - you can't even get chocolate in the velo cafe, so I will be getting on down with some wrist action when I get home.

God, with all this pancake innuendo I've turned into Mudcow....

Nothing. Nada. Nix.

Well almost nothing. There is a very sad pile of pancakes up there that are saying anything but 'eat me'.

Mind, that's probably a good thing as I'm on Q4 and I wouldn't get any work done if I had the option of someone masturbating into my open mouth.

Am I getting the hang of this innuendo thing?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    Asprilla wrote:
    Am I getting the hang of this innuendo thing?
    It's coming on
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Last year I tossed so hard it stuck to the ceiling...
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    so I will be getting on down with some wrist action when I get home.
    Being a burd I thought you'd give it the mancunia-flick!

Me? I don't toss, I use a spatula. Ms DDD hates when I spray it everywhere.

I have a Tefal pancake pan which makes perfect ones, but I've found it responds better to a good toss than a flick. Mainly because it's massive and a flick just isn't enough.
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • veronese68
    msmancunia wrote:
    I've found it responds better to a good toss than a flick. Mainly because it's massive and a flick just isn't enough.
    I suffer with this. :wink:

Someone was going to say it so it might as well be me
  • from wikipedia:
    The toss is a traditional Scottish athletic event practised at the Scottish Highland Games involving the tossing of a large pole. It is said to have developed from the need to toss.

The person tossing is called a "tosser"
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    ... yeah, I toss, cautiously...

Yeah sounds like someone's had an "oh my got it's in my eye and stings" experience
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • ... yeah, I toss, cautiously...

Yeah sounds like someone's had an "oh my got it's in my eye and stings" experience

You ARE Cameron Diaz and I claim my £5!!

Something-About-Mary-mf01.jpg
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I burnt the flap of skin (not that one) between thumb and fingers with some hot oil splashing back from the first pancake of the evening. It's a bit red but I should be OK for tomorrows snow bound rides.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • veronese68
    ... yeah, I toss, cautiously...

Hmm, pancake in the eye could hurt. I suppose that is an advantage to wearing a wide brimmed hat whilst tossing.
    Well, it was all a bit of a rush. But most of the pancakes were successfully tossed before I handed the mantle over to the next generation and headed out the door.
  • Tried peanut butter on a couple last night....tasted lovely.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    well boys, girls.....

i tossed my self off to oblivion anyone got any advice on a sprained tossing wrist?

after 6 i was spent, an decided to retire
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Well, the pancakes made with wheat & gluten free flour were a raging success. I can recommend crushed blueberries and a sprinkling of sugar as a filling. Yum!
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.