Armstrongs 'clean' comeback

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    So something he flagged the chicken up for is ok when Armstrong did it?

Ohhhhh kay
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • even the guy behind him is worried!

Lance_Armstrong_(Tour_de_France_2009_-_Stage_17).jpg
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,332
    It highlights some serious problems with interpretation of blood data though.

None of us, that I'm aware of, have the professional credentials to make our own judgement with any reliability. So we rely on expert opinion. But the experts aren't unanimous.

No wonder teams are reluctant to release this data to the general public and armchair haematologists...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • It highlights some serious problems with interpretation of blood data though.

None of us, that I'm aware of, have the professional credentials to make our own judgement with any reliability. So we rely on expert opinion. But the experts aren't unanimous.

No wonder teams are reluctant to release this data to the general public and armchair haematologists...

Totally. Would be madness.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Who did he work for in 2009 again..?

Ah, I see..
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    He had to say his comeback was clean as it is within the American statute of limitations, his 7 Tour victories are all ouside the limit. Hence he admits to that period of time.
  • thomthom
    edited February 2013
    Mike6, you really didn't read the article did you...? :D
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    It highlights some serious problems with interpretation of blood data though.

And there's a huge incentive for an unscrupulous charlatan to exploit this ignorance and generate spurious doubt about established science, as happened with the MMR vaccine outrage. For the Daily Mail, which loved the sales and pageviews this scoundrel generated, we have elements of the online cycling bloggysphere.

Edit: Bugger. Posted in an Armstrong thread. Didn't mean to do that.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Macaloon wrote:

And there's a huge incentive for an unscrupulous charlatan to exploit this ignorance and generate spurious doubt about established science,
    TDF 2009 and Armstrong wasn't in the Astana team but an invited guest (Bruyneel that is) that only used an Astana Jersey.
    The Minders and all their Hotels with his Livestrong equipment, he paid for.
    He hid away from everybody except those he invited to his hotel. (like the Eurosport contract for Planet Armstrong)
    Bruyneel got him the jersey of different design and a few old Disco mates looked after him on the road.
    Contador being badgered by the media about who was team leader, decided to show him with his solo ride to the top and a message to follow me.

So when did Damsgaard have an appointment to get near "this probable opinion" as I doubt that armstrong needed his services as he brought everything with him.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    ThomThom wrote:
    Mike6, you really didn't read the article did you...? :D

I did, I did,honest guv.

I was just adding that Armstrong said on that TV show that he was clean during his comeback. I think its relevant to this thread. Probably.
  • deejay wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

And there's a huge incentive for an unscrupulous charlatan to exploit this ignorance and generate spurious doubt about established science,
    TDF 2009 and Armstrong wasn't in the Astana team but an invited guest (Bruyneel that is) that only used an Astana Jersey.
    The Minders and all their Hotels with his Livestrong equipment, he paid for.
    He hid away from everybody except those he invited to his hotel. (like the Eurosport contract for Planet Armstrong)
    Bruyneel got him the jersey of different design and a few old Disco mates looked after him on the road.
    Contador being badgered by the media about who was team leader, decided to show him with his solo ride to the top and a message to follow me.

So when did Damsgaard have an appointment to get near "this probable opinion" as I doubt that armstrong needed his services as he brought everything with him.

Quite. Didn't need Damsgaard.
    He'd already bought and paid for Don Catlin to put his passport under the microscope and endorse it's spotlessness......
    ................oh wait.:P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • thomthom
    I wonder if Damsgaard recieved yet another bike for these comments :roll:
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    EPO and move on.