Seriously America?

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited March 2013 in The bottom bracket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... ngSGE&NR=1

Cannot, CANNOT be real......It can't can it?

(it's horrible and expoitative, but you HAVE to watch it!! :lol: )
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    ddraver wrote:
    but you HAVE to watch it!! :lol: )

Why? You're not one of the ten are you?
  • ddraver
    Yee haaaw, goddam you gone done stitched me up like a hawwg on a stick there CB booi! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I always wanted to know what had happened to Beavis and Butt-head. Mystery solved.
  • that is real car crash tv - shame for the girl - but even bigger shame for the 10 to have lower IQs than the 2 kids :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The same happens here but without such glorification from TV shows. In general I find the US a better environment for my kids.
    Living MY dream.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I think you have to say fair play to those five chaps for taking time out from doing moonshine runs.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Dang, sheeet. I bet ma bottom dollar an a packet o' Bennies beef jerkies it woz Ronnie. I lowst, 'an Bud is gonna make me skweel lak a peeag.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I could write so much about this but it would lead to a spell of Mississippi jail time from the Mods. If you look at the schedules for British daytime TV then you can see that Britain isn't that far removed from all of this. If you ever needed a reason to stay in full time employment, this is it.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Blimey that's depressing.

Pity the poor kids being raised in that environment.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Yea, a certain My Jeremy Kyle has just as many 'desperate to be on tv even if i look like a tool' folk on with ridiculous stories. working shifts i do get the time to see the odd episode.

as for the original video, its been said but i feel for the kids here. its always them that suffer while the parent(s) continue to mess around.
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • VTech wrote:
    The same happens here but without such glorification from TV shows. In general I find the US a better environment for my kids.

yup! all them guns really make it safe!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

yup! all them guns really make it safe!

Surely your joking right ?
    Living MY dream.
  • no.
  • VTech
    So, based on several shootings you suggest that the USA would not be a wise place to bring up children ?
    Living MY dream.
  • yes- a nation founded on genocide, savagery and slavery. even their entertainment industry glamourises murder.

sadly it seems our ambition as a nation is to emulate them.
  • VTech
    yes- a nation founded on genocide, savagery and slavery. even their entertainment industry glamourises murder.

The negatives look bad for every country.
    You could say that the UK enslaved the world and the soldiers (band of men) killed the men, raped and took the women as their own and put the kids to war of almost all the countries we invaded.

Sadly, history is written by winners and the outcome is never good.
    Similarly it becomes easy to say that the USA is full of gun hungry savages but in reality this couldnt be further from the truth, I work on the east, west and central locations of the USA (in New York and Charleston in 2 weeks) and yes, Charleston is a VERY rough place but on the whole its similar to the rough places of the UK but in general and putting aside Charleston, I find the USA to be friendly, welcoming and of a better lifestyle to that of the UK.
    I find it easier to open businesses within the USA, there is less red tape and people tend to know where they stand, ethics seem to be bred into people with regards to the need to take care of yourself.

Of course there is issues with guns, I personally dont like them but its not the good, law abiding citizens who use them negatively, its the criminals and bad people.
    Living MY dream.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    The people featured in the OP Youtube video are fairly low key compared with our home-grown cnuts.........

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/12/father-mi ... r-3465376/

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    VTech wrote:
    yes- a nation founded on genocide, savagery and slavery. even their entertainment industry glamourises murder.

:D:D

You could say that the UK enslaved the world and the soldiers (band of men) killed the men, raped and took the women as their own and put the kids to war of almost all the countries we invaded.

What ?!!? Why is it that we beat ourselves rotten for having had the last great empire. Under Pax Britannica, the world was at its most peaceful.
    Moral relativism is flawed - it was acceptable then to colonise but it is not now. The French were at it, the Spanish, Porugese, Germans, Dutch - hell the Jesuits were a lovely bunch weren't they ?
    Give me examples of such raping and enslavery. What propoganda have you been brought up on? Is that view of the UK an American point of view? Like segregation and discrimination and slavery and continued interference with countries where they don't agree with the politics has never been an issue.
    Think of the global economy and capitalism - obligating people into poverty, the empires of old in comparison were not nearly so avaricious and incidious.
  • VTech
    I cant believe that anyone would deny the fact that the brits enslaves as they concurred, I am English and happy to be English but it doesnt change facts.
    When we fought the Scotts we were fames for raping their woman, the same in India etc.
    Im not saying that we were alone and im sure it happened many times by different nations but it doesnt make it right.
    If you want real propaganda you need only watch the BBC of a morning.

Im just a realist.
    Living MY dream.
  • and dont forget-it was the british who invented the concentration camp.
  • VTech
    and dont forget-it was the british who invented the concentration camp.

Very true, in its real terms, the british used this method in the USA against the cherokee, we also used it in South Africa.
    I know other countries used it, the Russians against the Polish etc but we cant deny history, we should remember it so it is never repeated.
    Living MY dream.
  • pinno
    and dont forget-it was the british who invented the concentration camp.

There is absolutely no comparison to the concentration camps of the 2nd WW.
  • ddraver
    Wow, this thread changed....
    - @ddraver
  • and dont forget-it was the british who invented the concentration camp.

There is absolutely no comparison to the concentration camps of the 2nd WW.

sorry! it was the british who invented the holiday camp

that better?
  • VTech
    Without wanting this thread to get too a silly point, we are I am sure, all aware that history has, and will be written by winners so with that in mind, if you belong to a country who have been a successful conqueror the chances of you knowing the full facts are actually slim to none.

So, back on topic, I think the USA would be good for my family but this is not only down to the fact that we all love our time in the USA but the fact that the weather is better, lifestyle is better, taxation is better, schooling is better and its ideally located for work.

Having said that, when push comes to shove, it would take a lot for me to really leave my home.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:

:D:D

What ?!!? Why is it that we beat ourselves rotten for having had the last great empire. Under Pax Britannica, the world was at its most peaceful.
    Moral relativism is flawed - it was acceptable then to colonise but it is not now. The French were at it, the Spanish, Porugese, Germans, Dutch - hell the Jesuits were a lovely bunch weren't they ?
    Give me examples of such raping and enslavery. What propoganda have you been brought up on? Is that view of the UK an American point of view? Like segregation and discrimination and slavery and continued interference with countries where they don't agree with the politics has never been an issue.
    Think of the global economy and capitalism - obligating people into poverty, the empires of old in comparison were not nearly so avaricious and incidious.

Forced peace and real peace are 2 completely things, you can not say there was true peace when England vorcefully took all of the land and controlled it.. Also do not forget that us Americans are originally from England, so you birthed that country. You seem to be the oene stuck on propoganda, as you colonialism was acceptable then, but is not now. The same goes for things such as slavery, mass rape and honour killings (which still happen).
  • pinno
    ... can not say there was true peace when England vorcefully took all of the land and controlled it

Yep, we were bloody good at it.

When Americans start going on about the Empire, all I can think of is.. pot, kettle, black, calling...
    Americas current economic status can be put down to slavery. Is the perverse lack of equality in America any better than enslaving half your population ? At least then they would get a roof over their heads, 3 square meals a day and some sort of health care. 'Freedom' in America is also the freedom to exploit under the banner of 'democracy' and capitalism.

Until only very recently (last 20 years), the fruit in Napa valley and other very fertile, very rich areas in California was picked by Mexicans shipped accross the border and paid pittance and then shipped home again. The Grapes of Wrath repeated except for the fact that the workers are Mexican.
    Read 500 nations and then sit on some holy ground comfortably.

Find me an example of these so called 'concentration' camps. More like prison camps surrounded by barbed wire. Hardly 'concentration' camps.
    If you want me to talk about the Mau Mau uprising - just say the word. It is increadible how that period of history is contorted, twisted and re-vamped to suit our idioitic and unfathomable sense of shame.
  • VTech
    I think your taking what has been said too seriously. As I mentioned, history in truth is never from the winners.
    Everyone has bad in war.

On a different note, have you ever been to Napa, it's my favourite place in earth, I spent a few weeks in Calistoga last year and it was like heaven on earth.
    Living MY dream.
  • ... can not say there was true peace when England vorcefully took all of the land and controlled it

Yep, we were bloody good at it.

When Americans start going on about the Empire, all I can think of is.. pot, kettle, black, calling...
    Americas current economic status can be put down to slavery. Is the perverse lack of equality in America any better than enslaving half your population ? At least then they would get a roof over their heads, 3 square meals a day and some sort of health care. 'Freedom' in America is also the freedom to exploit under the banner of 'democracy' and capitalism.

Until only very recently (last 20 years), the fruit in Napa valley and other very fertile, very rich areas in California was picked by Mexicans shipped accross the border and paid pittance and then shipped home again. The Grapes of Wrath repeated except for the fact that the workers are Mexican.
    Read 500 nations and then sit on some holy ground comfortably.

Find me an example of these so called 'concentration' camps. More like prison camps surrounded by barbed wire. Hardly 'concentration' camps.
    If you want me to talk about the Mau Mau uprising - just say the word. It is increadible how that period of history is contorted, twisted and re-vamped to suit our idioitic and unfathomable sense of shame.

Yes, it is calling the kettle black, because at the end of the day both sides did something, but it was acceptable at the time. You seemto hate Americans, and are unwilling to admit to the own faults of the empire. My only point is that neither of us are holy, but sides did wrongs which were acceptable at the time, but you seem to denounce America based on this fact but are acting like England did nothing wrong. Just get off your horse.
  • And also a side note, England was, and still is, rich as a country because of stealing everything from the rest of the world. If you want to denounce America for enslavement and say the inequality comes from that then fine, but realise the own problems in England. A very high rate of social services for people who should not be claiming benefits, a very high rate of poverty, and a very high fuel poverty rate. Things may be on a bigger scale in America, but that is because America is huge. The same proportion of problems exist in England. All I am saying is do not knock America for something when the same darn problems exist here, in the same proportions.