Farking early Monday thread

foxc_uk
foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
edited February 2013 in The Crudcatcher
'Ning
First day at the new job, which means first commute to Milton Keynes. Hoping the predicted snow didn't happen last night.
Suffering through a minor cough/cold, excellent timing!

Kisses
FoxC

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Hoping the predicted snow didn't happen last night.

Yeah, it happened. With my history at the moment, I heroicly decided to drvie to work.

Good luck!

Mornin' window lickers

As above - drove in. The wrist still isn't right, which means still having to walk with a distinctly left-handed gait.

It's not Friday, but to hell with it, Imma having me a fy-up as soon as the canteen opens.

FWIW, I had a splendid weekend, some of which was spent sat in forest watching people demonstrate how not to go around a 2nd-gear, 90-right. Ayhoo, work calls, and I've got a whole bunch of photons I need to fire at helpless metal.

Onwards! To bacons! And frikken lay-zur beams*!

*Sharks not provided - bring your own
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Good luck FoxC,

morning freak show,

off up darkest lincolnshire to decide how to fix a machine of war today! leicester tonight then wales tomorrow (weather permitting!)

but now, foods!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Nice and snowy down here, mixed with lots of flooding. Today is uni meh and getting stitches out. Followed by studying. Superbitch seems to be learning some manners, I don't think she's fully grasped the concept that it's not her house so she can't treat it as she wishes but it's progress.

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,896
    not enough snow to stop play here.

Quick 10 miles on the rollers has got me wide awake this morning, but hungry so I will probably eat more as a result.

Today is meeting & board prep followed by some study.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'Ning
    First day at the new job,

Good luck with the new job.

Another weekend and the bike has not moved again. On Saturday I had to spend time sorting out the garden then sat and watched the rugby all afternoon. Repeat for Sunday.

I hate Mondays. Too much shoot has built up over the weekend and everybody wants answers right away.

Cake making minion has been busy this weekend so there is a choice of offerings to be had.

Time for tea and cakes.

Later......
  • Morning bender overers

Today i am mostly doing tax... mucho excitment.

otherwise bored :)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    snow? no snow here.

i've only got in to the office as i had to go to cardiff first to pick some stuff up, so today is already win as i have no work waiting for me either from the weekend, result :D

so i'm going to watch skyfall and maybe have a nap,

laters :lol:
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning fiddlers
    Good luck today FoxC
    Weekend was pretty good, got some fresh ink on saturday, big chinky sat night. Sunday good XC miles then a bit of DH/Enduro training followed by beer, creme eggs, a roast while watching the rugby. 8)

Today No1 minion is off so i have to run about here and there :roll:

Anyways, onwards to coffee No3!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Good Luck Foxc

Four day week for me this week so happy about this.

Had some fun on Saturday watching some of the Rally in the woods behind the parentals house and trying to build a fire with the youngest siblings.

Planning a visit to the gym this evening - first time in a while so it will hurt, a lot.

Work is getting busy - lots of new instructions coming in. Means I will be stupidly busy and back to working silly hours again soon.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Morning Losers!
    Had my visit to the dentist today. It was a 'pre-op check' as they wanted to see what they were dealing with. Got to see a cool xray of my jaw, which showed what was coming out and the possible complications. Apparently "You'll experience numbness, bruising, swelling and possibly bleeding, but it should go away after a few days. Rarely, 1 in 200 times, the numbness remains. If you'd just like to sign here to say you're happy with that..." :shock:

Now at work. Yawn. Next week off Wooo :D

Laters!

PS. Good luck Foxc!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Morning all.
    Home from the Hudd, tired today, it always seems to be the way, I try and keep up with everyone at the weekend and suffer for it on a Monday so spend the whole day recovering then go out to work on a Monday night :(

FoxC good luck, hope you have a good first day :)
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    First day of a week off, currently enjoying the warmer climes of South East Spain!

Bacon eaten, beer chilling in the fridge and not a care in the world :D I did wish I had my bike with me though!
  • All the best for the new job Fox_C

Afternoon Maggots,

A nice warm 25ºC here today and a busy Monday as usual..

A rather different weekend for me, where I flattened someone at a friend's house for being more than a little out of order with me and a few others.
    An hour or so later this chap rocked up with his son "to sort me out". His son is 22 years old, well over 6ft and weighs about 210LBs.
    A heated argument ensued in which the youngster accused me of "taking a liberty" with his father (or hitting him when it was unexpected), they were both quite agressive with me. The son doing most of the mouth work..

I handed my beloved Glock over to my friend, then crowned his w4nker's son with a metal garden chair and the end result was the youngster laying on the floor, gushing blood and making grunting noises like a pig. I was quite annoyed as my On One t-shirt was covered in blood.
    Daddy aided his son to the car and I guess they went to A&E... who knows.. who gives a f*ck?
    I've had no repercushions from the law, so I guess it's sorted until our paths cross again. That's how we sort shyte in the Southern Hemisphere..

Sunday was a day of rest other than some roadwork on the HT MTB, then some movies.

All in the most exciting weekend I have had since leaving Europe
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    That's how we sort shyte in the Southern Hemisphere..

Sounds like Clacton to me.

Morning mongs.

Weekend of hell finished. Eldest threw the biggest tantrum ever, thought I'd have to rebuild the bathroom.

Day off work again, but feel cold and ache everywhere. Thoroughly fed up with the cold & wet.

Anyway this afternoon will be spent starting a Hurricane IIb before wandering off to help previously mentioned devil child build a group of paper mâché penguins.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Clank
    MissCMC wrote:
    Had some fun on Saturday watching some of the Rally in the woods behind the parentals house and trying to build a fire with the youngest siblings.

Trellech Common by any chance? Looked like half the village, and their dogs, came out for that one - made for a great atmosphere!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Good luck foxc and don't let the bigger kids pick on you.

Afternoon Scuttlers

Yeah you guessed it..... work again.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    You'll experience numbness, bruising, swelling and possibly bleeding, but it should go away after a few days

Ace chatup line...

artenoon...

Did a few miles on the road sat and a few more on the turbo sun... 2 hours in fact, god that is so dull... then I ate crisps & drank beer.

Tonight I my just do nothing

Good luck on your 1st day Foxc... don't let them send you anywhere for 'a long weight'
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • MissCMC
    Nah - was at Sallowvalets so nicely in the middle of the FOD. Parentals live about a five minute walk away from there. Hence I grew up throwing myself and various bikes around the trails in the forest long before they made all the nice routes to follow. Wasn't too bad, bit muddy and cold and not as much fun as the snowy tracks last year.
  • MissCMC wrote:
    Nah - was at Sallowvalets so nicely in the middle of the FOD. Parentals live about a five minute walk away from there. Hence I grew up throwing myself and various bikes around the trails in the forest long before they made all the nice routes to follow. Wasn't too bad, bit muddy and cold and not as much fun as the snowy tracks last year.

Ooo DH tracks at FOD my favourite, just a bit of a giggle to ride.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    MissCMC wrote:

i'm going for a blast thurs after work..woo hoo :lol:
  • Clank
    MissCMC wrote:

Ahh, the one everyone seemed to crap-out on!

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    MissCMC wrote:

Planning a visit to the gym this evening - first time in a while so it will hurt, a lot.

Remember to say hi, I'm there tonight, although I doubt you'll be in at about 1 in the morning
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

i'm going for a blast thurs after work..woo hoo :lol:

Git. :p
  • MissCMC
    Yeah Gazlar - 1 in the morning is a bit late (or early depending on how you look at it) for me to be in the gym!

Yeah not bad at the parents when I can be bothered to drag my bike home. Out the door, about half a mile down the road to the uplift drop off and I'm there. Alternatively just ride all the routes I used to do as a kid, I'm just much slower now and don't bounce so well when I fall off.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,801
    Evenin' all,

Dog like workig habits are back for the start of the week. And I'm feeling a bit lardy after straining a leg muscle last night and missing out on my bike ride into work today :x But at least my old boss has invited me out for lunch - think they might want me back...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]