Noob in southwales

Chillyonacid
Chillyonacid Posts: 39
edited February 2013 in Routes
hey i was wondering if anybody can recommend me some trails around the south wales area. havent long bought my bike so not the fittest so just looking for trails that are not too hard going (big climbs) but not boring, all recomendations are helpfuls cheers chilly.

ps i know there are dedicated sites showing me trails around southwales i just wanted peoples hand on experience of them

Comments

• Depends where in South Wales you are?

I lived in South East Wales for about 20 years and know quite a few in Chepstow, Monmouth, Abergavenny.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    Welcome from another (relative) newbie. Tell us whereabouts you are and we might find you a riding buddy as well as some decent trails.
  • i live in ebbw vale its about 10 miles from abergavenny and 12 miles from merthyr
  • This is quite a good one - you can either log in or just download the map - http://www.ukmountainbiker.com/map.php?route=75
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • If your in Ebbw options are join the llangattock mountain at Garnlydan, head east and there are trails and lumps and bumps to patch together, equally head over the hill towards Winchestown, some old workings you can muck about on.

Plus follow the old railway line from Beaufort to the ASDA in the Winches town and then down the railway line (Clydach Gorge) to the first tunnels and head though LLanelly Hill to Pwll Du.

equally take the car to Keepers Pond on the Blorange and loop around the Blorange or Pwll Du or both.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    check out www.halfwayupmtb.co.uk

not too far away from you. but there's loads of riding around you mate, i ride up man moel now and then, that's a good route.