Prologo Kappa

Shaun67
Shaun67 Posts: 219
edited February 2013 in Road general
I purchased a new Cannondale Synapse last week and the Prologo Kappa
saddle it came with doesn't fit my bum, if I sell it how much would I
get for it, or how much should I ask for it ?

Comments

• How lazy are you, look at completed listings on ebay. :roll:
  • Shaun67
    I've looked on Ebay and none of them are like the one on my bike..........

If I'd seen any the same I wouldn't have wasted my time asking !!!
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Planet X were selling them cheap recently (@ 20 quid), so maybe around that figure on ebay. Or maybe much, much less...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Bought mine for £17 inc. postage of eBay, but there where no offers on at the time.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Shaun67
    Thanks for the replies, I think I'll just keep it. I have just ordered a new one, a Selle Italia SLR Flow
    leather & carbon from Chain Reaction for £41.14. I know this one fits as a mate has this on his Bianchi
    andhe tells me he's sure he paid £95.00 for it last summer !!!
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Thanks for the replies, I think I'll just keep it. I have just ordered a new one, a Selle Italia SLR Flow
    leather & carbon from Chain Reaction for £41.14.

Thanks for the heads up, been on the fence about changing my saddle on a defy2. Stock saddle is not very comfortable even though it has broken me in somewhat over the last 2 months. NIce price drop so will give this one a go.
  • Shaun67
    Ordered my Selle Italia SLR from Chain Reactions first thing on Friday morning, I have now just received a e-mail
    from the telling me that due to "fulfillment issues" they are unable to send my order.....I will get my money back in the next 3 to 5 days. I won't be buying from them again.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Shaun67 wrote:
    Ordered my Selle Italia SLR from Chain Reactions first thing on Friday morning, I have now just received a e-mail
    from the telling me that due to "fulfillment issues" they are unable to send my order.....I will get my money back in the next 3 to 5 days. I won't be buying from them again.

Not even if they were the last bike shop on earth?
  • Shaun67 wrote:

I've had 100+ orders go perfectly with them, even internationally to my old house. Had nothing but nightmares from everywhere else, except superstar components. Give em a chance.
  • Shaun67
    "Give em a chance" !!

I've just checked what saddles are available on the Chain Reactions web site and guess what,
    the saddle is now available again but now it's £66.99. Read into that what you will, but I know
    what I think and it's not good.
  • I sold mine for £25 and felt pretty lucky to get that ...

The market is flooded with these saddles as nobody wants them on their 'dales ...

Stick it on a commuter or mtb ... or give it to someone riding around with something even worse ...
  • dowtcha
    Just got comfirmation that the order was shipped today, including the saddle fo £42.16. I place order on Sat.
    I will let you know if its got a sticker with Shaun67 on it.
  • Shaun67
    Dowtcha, That's just super, I hope you get many enjoyable miles out of MY saddle....Ha Ha Ha.
  • dowtcha
    Why dont you contact them and point out that they do have it in stock and you want do know why your order was canelled. They should honour the £42 price, more than likely its a glitch.
  • Shaun67
    Dowtcha, I e-mailed them as soon as I received the e-mail telling me my order would be cancelled because of what they call "fulfillment issues" and as you can see from the website the saddle is available, but now it's £66 not the £42 as it was on Friday when I ordered. Today they contacted me to say sorry and offered me £5 of my next order.
    Chain Reaction Cycles can sod off, I will not buy from the again, if fact I picked up a saddle from my LBS today that i think I like more !!! so all turned out well in the end, I think.
  • dowtcha
    U right it did turn out for you alright, my saddle arrived and will have to go back. The saddle only has one rail going down the center, they call it monorail and need a matching seat post. No mention of it been a monorail in the description. They have other monorails for sale but it is in the title. Never heard off it myself and seems pretty silly.
  • Shaun67
    I have just looked at the saddle again on Chain Reactions website and yes I can see the
    mono rail now...but I had no idea,that was a lucky escape..... :mrgreen:
  • Shaun67
    New saddle fitted.