Stiffie

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited February 2013 in The bottom bracket
Has anyone else been finding the stiff winds a rear bore lately?

They just aren't fun. And now they are utterly freezing cold as well.

I've had enough.

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Yes, it's odd that they manage to blow right through you, except when you're on a bike.

The older I get, the better I was.

• i've been trying to spin into them - I managed up to 17mph, then a gust came - dropped me down to 11 - its soul destroying. :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Yep, they're hard work.

I noticed yesterday that the were head winds no matter which way I was facing, so I guess on the upside I must be going faster.
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    I had a plan. The plan was to go out into the force 10 headwind on a relatively flat section and hit the hills with a tailwind. Trouble is, I was so knackered fighting the damn headwind on the way out, the hills were hellish. Never mind.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I got a hugely padded duck down coat yesterday from Trespass. It feels like I'm sitting at home in front of the fire, when I'm infact out in a blizzard.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    With my new wellies and Declans duck coat,spring can't be far away?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yeah, I think if I go out and buy loads of warm winter gear that should soon ensure the weather turns for the better.

Was going down a short sharp incline I usually brush 30mph on with not too much effort and ended up having to stamp on the pedals just to maintain about half that speed. Ended up keeping my head down just to shout 'cnut' in frustration with every other pedal stroke. Futile but made me feel better briefly.
  • SMAC19
    SMAC19 Posts: 31
    Ever the optimist, I view biking into the wind as impromptu training.
    i.e. Heavy gusts = interval session, strong constant headwind = threshold session...

Not really, I can't stand the f#*king wind - it feels like I'm cycling with a parachute on my back.
    Rose XEON CRS5000
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    The wind is our friend - it makes us strong.........

...... but after 9 months of it every freakin' day I no longer want to hang out with it and feel like sleeping with its sister just to pissss it off.