Thoroughly fed up...

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited February 2013 in The bottom bracket
So we're into February and I've barely been on the bike, even on the trainer in the loft. I've gained 6lbs since Christmas and feel fat and bloaty. My Autumn thighs of steel are a distant memory.

The weather's been generally awful - cold, wet, rainy, and very windy. Bloody snow. Everyone at work is sick, including me. Constantly feeling tired, despite getting loads of sleep. Looking to book a summer holiday and the prices are mental or the flights are at 3 in the bloody morning (and it's still too expensive).

For God's sake, someone please give me some good news.....
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• pottssteve wrote:
    So we're into February and I've barely been on the bike, even on the trainer in the loft. I've gained 6lbs since Christmas and feel fat and bloaty. My Autumn thighs of steel are a distant memory.

The weather's been generally awful - cold, wet, rainy, and very windy. Bloody snow. Everyone at work is sick, including me. Constantly feeling tired, despite getting loads of sleep. Looking to book a summer holiday and the prices are mental or the flights are at 3 in the bloody morning (and it's still too expensive).

Well, I did 65 sunny dry but windy K's today, got 3 PB's on Strava segments that I was pleased with. Then had a really nice lunch at Prezzo in Whitstable with my wife and managed some afternoon smmoching and had a nap before my night shift. Lost 7lbs since Xmas and I have come to the point where I have all the bike parts, clothing and equipment I will ever need and am very happy with. Training well and consistent and sleeping well too.

I think this is all good news. :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Do you know, I don't think that's going to help the OP.....
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    February is the shortest month.

Soon be spring where you are.

6lbs is only 2.72 kilos in real money, that's one large dump and you're sorted.

Steel thighs are overrated, you need carbon.

Weather, on second thoughts I can't mention that :D

You are not Soni.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • I'm training like a demon. I'm getting 2 turbo sessions in a day and have lost half a stone. I went out for a great ride on saturday on my new bike which felt superb. I dropped dozen's of guys who just hadn't done the hard yards in November and December. They may as well throw their bikes in the skip!

I'm also looking to pass my colleague esteem management course as well.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • I'm training like a demon. I'm getting 2 turbo sessions in a day and have lost half a stone. I went out for a great ride on saturday on my new bike which felt superb. I dropped dozen's of guys who just hadn't done the hard yards in November and December. They may as well throw their bikes in the skip!

Really good news from you, I feel even better than I did an hour ago. Bit miffed Pottsteve hasnt commented yet although i imagine he must be blissed off his chunk that his fellow forumites are doing so well, some people, eh ? :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • pottssteve wrote:

Well, I did 65 sunny dry but windy K's today, got 3 PB's on Strava segments that I was pleased with. Then had a really nice lunch at Prezzo in Whitstable with my wife and managed some afternoon smmoching and had a nap before my night shift. Lost 7lbs since Xmas and I have come to the point where I have all the bike parts, clothing and equipment I will ever need and am very happy with. Training well and consistent and sleeping well too.

I think this is all good news. :D

Pfft, you are not a real cyclist. Get out.

Really good news from you, I feel even better than I did an hour ago. Bit miffed Pottsteve hasnt commented yet although i imagine he must be blissed off his chunk that his fellow forumites are doing so well, some people, eh ? :D

I wonder if the samaritans have taken an injunction out against him yet?
    @JaunePeril

• After a good start to 2013 due to sheite weather and ill health I've done nowt for a fortnight (bikewise) and come Monday I'm having my other hip done, so that's cycling "out the window" for another 6-8 week April time then.

Hope this makes ya feel better fella.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pottssteve
    I'm training like a demon. I'm getting 2 turbo sessions in a day and have lost half a stone. I went out for a great ride on saturday on my new bike which felt superb. I dropped dozen's of guys who just hadn't done the hard yards in November and December. They may as well throw their bikes in the skip!

Sorry - I didn't realise that you were hanging on a reply...I went to bed at about 9.30 (CET) 'cos I was knackered, again.

I feel better this morning - maybe it was the 2 bottles of Val Dieu I consumed before climbing the wooden hill. Thank you to those of you who responded with encouraging words.

Except dmclite - you are a cnut. :wink:
  • pottssteve wrote:
    I'm training like a demon. I'm getting 2 turbo sessions in a day and have lost half a stone. I went out for a great ride on saturday on my new bike which felt superb. I dropped dozen's of guys who just hadn't done the hard yards in November and December. They may as well throw their bikes in the skip!

Sorry - I didn't realise that you were hanging on a reply...I went to bed at about 9.30 (CET) 'cos I was knackered, again.

I feel better this morning - maybe it was the 2 bottles of Val Dieu I consumed before climbing the wooden hill. Thank you to those of you who responded with encouraging words.

Pottssteve-you are Paul Gascoigne and I claim my prize :lol:

I promise you, 6 rides and you'll be on it like a car bonnet. 30 mins on the indoor trainer for you tonight, do it!

@JaunePeril

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Yesterday, I got up at 5am and did 100miles before breakfast in 70mph gusts. After breakfast I swam 10 miles towards the IOM and then swam back. In the afternoon I went to the gym and did 1893 reps on the squat machine. Came home, ate dinner and then there was a knock at the door.
    The neighbour said there was a tree in her drive and she couldn't get to work as she was 'on-call' servicing gentleman folk. So I chopped her 165 year old ash tree down with a handsaw, split the wood then stacked it. She was grateful and we spent the next 4 hours having a 'sexathon'.
    To finish the my active recovery day, I spent the next 2 hours on the rollers at 193rpm (average). Made slightly harder by virtue of the fact that my wheels were resting and I had to strap on a pair of dustbin lids. (Think I could have done a PB 200 rpm average if I had just put in a bit more effort and the lids weren't buckled)
    Tomorrow, i'll start my training proper.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Yesterday, I got up at 5am and did 100miles before breakfast in 70mph gusts. After breakfast I swam 10 miles towards the IOM and then swam back. In the afternoon I went to the gym and did 1893 reps on the squat machine. Came home, ate dinner and then there was a knock at the door.
    The neighbour said there was a tree in her drive and she couldn't get to work as she was 'on-call' servicing gentleman folk. So I chopped her 165 year old ash tree down with a handsaw, split the wood then stacked it. She was grateful and we spent the next 4 hours having a 'sexathon'.
    To finish the my active recovery day, I spent the next 2 hours on the rollers at 193rpm (average). Made slightly harder by virtue of the fact that my wheels were resting and I had to strap on a pair of dustbin lids. (Think I could have done a PB 200 rpm average if I had just put in a bit more effort and the lids weren't buckled)
    Tomorrow, i'll start my training proper.

Don't worry, base training can be boring. I sympathise. As soon as Spring rolls round you'll be able to up your mileage and up the intensity. Just hang in there.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve wrote:

Pottssteve-you are Paul Gascoigne and I claim my prize :lol:

I promise you, 6 rides and you'll be on it like a car bonnet. 30 mins on the indoor trainer for you tonight, do it!

Nah - It's only 6%. More Paul Merton than Paul Gascoigne. :)
  • pottssteve wrote:

Yes, I am. If you need any more encouragement you know where we are. 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well after 1st day back after Christmas my motherf*cking overweight housemate had the gall to call me fat. Cue training.

Been out for 100 hilly miles every weekend (for some miracle its been dry at least one of the days) but not yet on the trainer to build for intervals. Started working out a bit and now tripled my press up total and same on the weights. Looking and feeling way better and on the road to finding an awesome new job.
    Met a lovely young lady who loves sexathons.

Feeling pretty strong already and already taken some PRs in RP and its barely even out of winter.
    Quite keen to get on the turbo again and get the legs stronger for climbing, but other than that, feeling pretty good.

Also got some amazing new recipes from a friend so my diet is SO much more interesting. 2013 is starting well....