Trouble drinking from bottle on the move

13»

Comments

• Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    just a return visit to this thread, Im still using the 500ml bottle and can find it without having to look for it but.................................................the trouble really starts in the middle of a pack doing 20 mph and im needing some fluid. Drinking from the bottle isnt an issue and I can replace it ok, but the actual physical act of pedalling whilst taking the drink is where my problem lies. Im looking straight ahead and the rotation of the cranks just makes me veer left,right,left,right and so on and its more than a bit embarassing :oops:

How can the act of turning the cranks make me veer like this and what do I need to do to correct it , its the singular issue and I really do hope to conquer it.
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    It does sound like you have too much weight on your hands, so when you're one-handed you're not able to counter the steering input from the one hand with the other one.

To check your weight distribution is correct you should be able to move from the hoods to a no-hands upright position whilst riding in a straight line without too much drama.

It's also possible your saddle is too high and you're rocking your hips over the saddle to make BDC on the cranks.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • TakeTurns
    TakeTurns Posts: 1,075
    Raffles wrote:
    Im looking straight ahead and the rotation of the cranks just makes me veer left,right,left,right and so on and its more than a bit embarassing :oops:

Ride your bike while sober.
  • Take up triathlons. You'll fit right in
  • I am much improved since switching from cork stoppers to screw cap. Perhaps you should consider the same
  • Raffles wrote:
    Im looking straight ahead and the rotation of the cranks just makes me veer left,right,left,right and so on and its more than a bit embarassing :oops:

How can the act of turning the cranks make me veer like this and what do I need to do to correct it , its the singular issue and I really do hope to conquer it.

So my six year old son is a better bike rider than you :D
  • Raffles
    Raffles Posts: 1,137
    Brakeless wrote:
    Raffles wrote:

So my six year old son is a better bike rider than you :D

ha ha .......he probably is mate :lol:
    2012 Cannondale CAAD 8 105