For Lovers of "Rule 7 "

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited February 2013 in The bottom bracket
Following a recent spate of long term unemployment (They replaced me with Willhub) I have discovered the joys of Budget cycling and more specifically the B Twin Triban 3, which quite honestly (Some of you may have noticed) I really cant recommend enough (No I havent got a job at Decathlon)

There is another added bonus to the joy of this great machine, It has its own forum "The Tribe"

Its Bloody excellent , it actively encourages multiple posts.
Theres even a fully disclosed league table of top posters, I m third at the moment with 38.

My 38 posts entitle me to Two Stars (a la Mcdonalds employee) and I m rated as an " Active Member" (Thats pretty bloody accurate)

My nemisis is Martin122 hes not been a member as long as me but has achieved 3 stars and "Forum Regular" status.

So for all you lovers/haters of Rule 7 I m off to get my five stars before they Ban me.

Top poster is Admin with 115 and Five Stars (I bet its bloody Ric) :D

Comments

• I sense a mumsnet attack coming on. :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I sense a mumsnet attack coming on. :lol:

hehe

wonder how many posts we can get.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Set up a fake ID and put the login/password here on BB, we can all have a bash - posts will be in the hundreds in no time :wink:
    Just think if there are any amateur psychologists out there they'll be writing theses on a mythical character with multiple personalities.
    I'm not joining some other bike forum - none of them would have me.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tim_wand
    Set up a fake ID and put the login/password here on BB, we can all have a bash - posts will be in the hundreds in no time :wink:
    Just think if there are any amateur psychologists out there they'll be writing theses on a mythical character with multiple personalities.
    I'm not joining some other bike forum - none of them would have me.

Your Banned!!!!
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Personally I'd never join anywhere that would have me as a member .......
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Yossie wrote:
    Personally I'd never join anywhere that would have me as a member .......

How did you write that on here??? :? :P
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • There's a team2147d on there who looks bottombracketly bi-polar psychotic. At least I hope it is a windup id.
  • tim_wand
    brianonyx wrote:
    There's a team2147d on there who looks bottombracketly bi-polar psychotic. At least I hope it is a windup id.

Probably Genuine, Buying low end good value french bikes can seriously effect your mental health.
    At least that's what my mate with a N+1 Triban tells me. I wish he'd shut up about it he's in my head all the while.
  • tim wand wrote:
    brianonyx wrote:
    There's a team2147d on there who looks bottombracketly bi-polar psychotic. At least I hope it is a windup id.

Probably Genuine, Buying low end good value french bikes can seriously effect your mental health.
    At least that's what my mate with a N+1 Triban tells me. I wish he'd shut up about it he's in my head all the while.

My wife bought one last week and it is actually a pretty good value winter bike.
  • brianonyx wrote:

My wife bought one last week and it is actually a pretty good value winter bike.

Tim likes his too
    tim wand wrote:
    Following a recent spate of long term unemployment (They replaced me with Willhub) I have discovered the joys of Budget cycling and more specifically the B Twin Triban 3, which quite honestly (Some of you may have noticed) I really cant recommend enough (No I havent got a job at Decathlon)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    brianonyx wrote:

bi-polar! what do you mean bi-polar, oh great, I hate you, that's really good, git, thank you most kind, die pig, peace :D

Was busted, back now, feeling much better, thank you.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b wrote:
    brianonyx wrote:

bi-polar! what do you mean bi-polar, oh great, I hate you, that's really good, git, thank you most kind, die pig, peace :D

Was busted, back now, feeling much better, thank you.

Cyclists are more savvy than those pesky MILFs.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Triban owners are far too sensible :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Now I`ve joined up I actually want one.I`m bad.N+1 is an actual disease that one day will be recognised in the Daily Mail.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • there is a link in there for the 2013 models, must say i like the look of the 2013 triban 5 with the new sora groupset for under £500
  • In all seriousness I might get a triban 5 as a winter bike. It makes Ribble look expensive.

My wife's triban 3 one is pretty good. The frame and carbon fork look pretty good. Swap the wheels for some cheap shimano rs80's and it is a pretty good bike.
  • Don't you mean if you buy one of these, you could be Tri-polar ?

I'll get me coat.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...