Forest Of Dean - Wild Boar Chase 2013

rdfcc
rdfcc Posts: 20
edited May 2013 in XC and Enduro
Entries have now opened for the 2013 Wild Boar Chase - 19th May.

A single loop event around the Forest of Dean and dipping into the Wye Valley. Brought to you by the organisers of the Forest of Dean Enduro.

£15 to enter until the 1st March.

wbc2013.jpg

Comments

• frogstomp
    frogstomp Posts: 412
    Have signed up.. looks like a good way to explore what the area has to offer beyond our usual trips for the Verderers Trail etc.
  • mxdave
    mxdave Posts: 8
    Did the 25-miler last year - was my first ever event. Had a great time! This year I will be signing on for the full 42 miles :-)
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    Signed up, full boar. Was a good crack last year, very acceptable cupcakes.
    "Didn't hurt"
  • Just signed up for the Wye Boar. Doing the HoNC in April so felt I needed something for May. Never done it before but it looks fun! Now what to do in June......

Corners
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Did the Small Boar today and thoroughly enjoyed it. That hill at the end was a bit of a bugger though!

A well organised and well run event. Definitely in the calendar for next year.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Corners R Us
    Corners R Us Posts: 214
    Survived the Wild Boar (37 mile/60km). As stated above, well run, good trails and deffo a 2014 appearance....hopefully a tad quicker than the 4hrs 44 we managed this year!!

Corners
  • frogstomp
    frogstomp Posts: 412
    Had a great day today - some of those climbs were a grind but the singletrack through the forest was brilliant - even if my legs were mostly jelly by then! Managed the Full Boar in about 4h15m and am proper pooped now!