I saw a veyron today

cheaterkiller
cheaterkiller Posts: 159
edited February 2013 in Commuting general
Considering its supposed to be a really fast car it didnt make much noise. I thought it would have been more TVRish but it actually sounded like like a sleeping fish.
So anyone watch top gear? Clarkson made a unique car, was very interesting if utter shіt.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It's the turbo's that shush the Veyron (I worked on it)....

Clarksons car was stupid, they should have sat Hammond in it as he wouldn't have been able to see out!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    It's also a VW Group car, so doesn't it have to conform to all their quality, comfort and noise criteria just like a Golf?

Saw a Merc CL Brabus S65 last night, with custom exhausts. THAT was a wonderful sound to behold...reminded me of one of the ferrari V8 Riva boats that is moored next to my buddy's (not quite so bling but still cool 8 litre v10 effort) berth in Palma. I actually slowed down to keep listening to it take off from traffic lights. Made my day.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    BigLights wrote:
    It's also a VW Group car, so doesn't it have to conform to all their quality, comfort and noise criteria just like a Golf?
    No..... they put in new criteri for the bug.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I've seen this one:

4793270432_c269547987.jpg

come past me a couple of times. Annoyingly I've not had the helmet cam with me each time :evil:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Only time I've seen one is parked up outside the Encore (where I was staying) in Vegas. The middle strip was light brown?!? Not my taste
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    I've seen this one:

4793270432_c269547987.jpg

come past me a couple of times. Annoyingly I've not had the helmet cam with me each time :evil:

I passed that one up the A60 between Rempstone and Bunny, must be local.

Edit: 13:22

This is one of five Pur Sang Veyrons and cost €1.4M :shock:. Based in Derby (according to PistonHeads :roll:).

Edit 13:27

I bet this makes the Audi R8 driving owner of Node4 a bit envious. :)
    Boardman CX Team
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Saw a Merc CL Brabus S65 last night, with custom exhausts. THAT was a wonderful sound to behold

Mate bought a '72 Jensen Interceptor last year, sound's awesome. 6.3 V8? Small children run away from it.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • that should have been:

z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z...................