Dalby or Cannock conditions

scarbs85
scarbs85 Posts: 170
edited February 2013 in Routes
Can anyone local tell me what state Dalby or Cannock are in after this snow? Aiming to go to one or the other on Sunday, and as Im equal distance between the two conditions will probably decide which.

Thanks chaps

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Cannock at least is a million miles away from those Coastal Crew images of pristine white pow and bright blue skies. The reality is sandy brown snow thats compacted in places and elsewhere soft enough to disguise the braking bumps and generally a PITA to ride in I find it really hard work. The ground underneath the snow is frozen and rutted you might like it, I dont. I dont want to come across all negative cause I know some of you love riding in the snow but I detest the fricken stuff and for me the novelty wore off a long time ago.

No problems with access to the Chase the roads are not too bad. Enjoy
  • scarbs85
    I gave it a miss blitz, but thanks for the reply! Opted for a morning at Sherwood Pines (local) as I know the trails. Didn't fancy a couple of hours in the car to have an average day cautiously riding strange trails buried in snow!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    If anyone's thinking of heading over in the near future I went for a potter round last night and most sections of the Dog are what you might call clear but the snow on the slower uphill bits is quite compacted and icy. The rest of it is the usual mixture of slush and obstacle-hiding deeper snow. Away from the official trails and out of the trees it's an Arctic wasteland - the combination of frozen ground, snow and sub-zero air temperatures make the conditions quite challenging.
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Were off to Cannock in the morning so will report back hopefully tomorrow afternoon,
    Dalby is on the cards for Saturday.
  • scarbs85
    Went to Dalby yesterday. Parts of the trail are still snow covered, especially some of the black options. Bulk of the riding was good, and snowy sections were easily passable. Should think it will be a clearing quickly now things have warmed up.
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Graham K wrote:
    Were off to Cannock in the morning so will report back hopefully tomorrow afternoon,
    Dalby is on the cards for Saturday.

Parts of the Monkey were abit muddy, nowt nasty, prob worst of it on the diversion and the fire road between sections.