Skin A200 compression tights

ricky1980
ricky1980 Posts: 891
edited February 2013 in Road buying advice
are they any good? or any alternative of equal monetary value?
Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg

Comments

• letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    A400s are great - they can feel slightly cool though.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Compression tights have been shown to be of absolutely no benefit from a cycling performance POV - they might help with recovery after a hard workout. They're also made from thin lycra which has pretty poor thermal properties, so pretty useless in winter. For cycling you'd be better of from something made in a fleecy-backed 'roubaix' material like the DHB ones on wiggle.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • ricky1980
    ricky1980 Posts: 891
    Was planning on using them as recovery item only. Not sure if there is any benefits wearing them during the ride.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    They feel good in recovery, I use them for running, spin classes and they work well in that context. I have used them on the bike on warmish days and they felt fine - but then I am really only a recreational cyclist. All in all I am a great fan of SKINS tights.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Never felt any benefit and lots of evidence to say they don't do anything. Sold mine after one wear.
  • mhj999
    mhj999 Posts: 122
    i thought they could reduce cramping? Was I about to fall for a marketing ploy....
    Sensa Giulia 105
  • is the A200 suppose to be used for recovery as the RY400 is the recovery pants. really confused about what SKINS to choose.