Evans cycles workshops Fix It or equivalent

p1tse
p1tse Posts: 694
edited February 2013 in Workshop
Anyone been on this?

YOU CAN FIX IT!
There’s something special about riding a bike in peak condition - it’s clean, silent, the gears shift seamlessly, the chain runs smoothly…

Our FixIt! Maintenance classes will provide you with the skills to carry out basic maintenance on your bike to ensure it functions as efficiently as possible between your major services, therefore prolonging the life of your bike and its components. It will also reduce the frequency that you need to book it in for a professional service.

ABOUT THE SESSIONS
We run bi-monthly sessions in every store. Our staff have been trained by our in-house Cytech-qualified training team to share the best methods of home maintenance. Each place on a course costs £15 for a 1 hour session including a training manual and maintenance goodie bag.

The session covers:
• Bike component guide
• How to conduct a pre-ride bike safety check
• How to change an inner tube following a puncture
• Cleaning and re-lubing your drivechain to prevent wear & tear and encourage a smoother ride
• Brake adjustment
• Gear adjustment
• Q&A with the trainer
Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    No, but then it'd be a cold day in Hades before I paid someone to teach me how to change an inner tube.

Just ask on here, or quiz a cycling mate!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I offer that kind of tutorial for free in my shop as I think every cyclist should know these things. Also this knowledge is not secret and is not worth paying for. It is also worth giving it out for free and I have done it several times.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    I concurr but if paying £15 saves him having to take it to the LBS every time for those items then it is cheap.

If there is noone he can ask (local club or others) then it would not be out of the question at £15.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 694
    I agree lots on youtube
    Was wandering what goodie bag is was :)
    Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm