Michael Rasmussen admits to doping

danlikesbikes
danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
edited February 2013 in Road general
At least he had the decency to help the authorities with the questioning & confirmed he will comply with any other requests.

Only wish other cheating scum bags would do the same - rant over.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... oping.html
Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    About 12 years too late?
  • Well guess its subjective really, I don't think it is too late if he is now coming cleaning and wishing to tell all to the authorities. Would have been nice if he did it back in 2007 when he was caught out but there you go. I do think its a good sign though that we are now starting to find out who was & wasn't and hopefully we can learn how it was happening & hopefully help to push the sport in the right direction now.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Michael Rasmussen? Well butter my ar$e, who would have thunk that?
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    He's also admitted to doping before the 2005 Le Tour TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeknUUhRoE

He's openly said that he drank 15 cans of Special Brew half an hour before he took to the start ramp
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    It makes you wonder if he was passing the dope tests, especially when he was wearing the
    yellow jersey in the 2007 tour, then how many other riders who passed the tests were also
    doping.

I would like to think that he told the authorities how he managed to "hoodwink" the testing procedures.
  • stickman
    stickman Posts: 791
    The days when cycling was run by a chocolate teapot with "UCI" stamped on it.

(Unless you dared to wear socks that were too aerodynamic, then they'd come down on you like a ton of bricks)
    Bikes, saddles and stuff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21720915@N03/
    More stuff:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/65587945@N00/

Gears - Obscuring the goodness of singlespeed
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    At least he had the decency to help the authorities with the questioning & confirmed he will comply with any other requests.

Only wish other cheating scum bags would do the same - rant over.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... oping.html

The tone of this post sounds suspiciously like its ok because he's admitted it,

He's a cheat, in the same sense as all the others, as bad as Lance or Contador, a cheat is a cheat weather he admits it or not,

Also every man and his dog can come out now because all the lime light is on LA
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • De Sisti wrote:
    It makes you wonder if he was passing the dope tests, especially when he was wearing the
    yellow jersey in the 2007 tour, then how many other riders who passed the tests were also
    doping.

I would like to think that he told the authorities how he managed to "hoodwink" the testing procedures.

The authorities know. Anyone who has been following cycling for more than 6 months knows that you could drive a bus through the tests - the only reason anyone gets caught is that they f**k up.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    If you cheat and get caught = BAD MAN, SHAME ON YOU. BOO - ban for life and maybe your kids lives after that.

If you cheat and admit it later BEFORE you get ratted out anyway = Aw, its ok, 1 year slap on the wrist and see you later.

This is the definition of corruption.
  • Joeblack wrote:

The tone of this post sounds suspiciously like its ok because he's admitted it,

He's a cheat, in the same sense as all the others, as bad as Lance or Contador, a cheat is a cheat weather he admits it or not,

Also every man and his dog can come out now because all the lime light is on LA

I can assure you that your suspicions are wrong. I in no way endorse cheating of any kind, feel free to read my others posts concerning drugs cheats & my advocation that we should increase bans to 4 or 8 year and possibly life in certain cases. My post was simply that after the, well that other bloke who I won't name, it is good to see a convicted drugs cheat actually tell all.

In addition to that the Anti Dopping Denmark comments that his was a ground breaking collaboration which hopefully will lead them to others & also how he was able to get away with his cheating for so long.
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    stickman wrote:
    The days when cycling was run by a chocolate teapot with "UCI" stamped on it.

(Unless you dared to wear socks that were too aerodynamic, then they'd come down on you like a ton of bricks)
    What he said.

The UCI is a disgrace and Pat McQuaid needs to go. The sooner the top level of the UCI resigns and is replaced by a group that is serious about fighting doping the better.

We all knew it went on but times have changed and the practices we all turned a blind eye to are out of step with the mood of the times. Doping is destroying the sport we love and those who aren't close to the sport just regard it as a nest of vipers. I am fed up of reading and hearing people say all cyclists are cheats and ridiculing the sport. It's time to start again and that can only happen if there is root and branch reform at the UCI.