The Not Quite Friday Yet Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

Uni mehness today, then driving back up home this afternoon/evening as I'm supposed to have a little op thing tomorrow which should be fun. At least it'll leave me off the bike and other sport for a few weeks so I can catch up on uni workings.

Laters

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning all, busy day here, last day of the month and they decide to put in a meeting in the morning at one end of the county then another late this afternoon at the other end :roll:

Entered my first gravity Enduro last night, kind of scary, only ever raced XC so should be a nice challenge!

Anyway too much to do......

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    morning ladies

Just into the office after getting home at 11.30 last night, bit sleepy but as always strong as bull!

Bring on the weekend and sleep!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Not long to go now. Panicking slightly about everything I need to get done.
    Later I'm baking brownies and the boyfriend is coming round for fajitas and a night of watching Izzard...

Better get on with it all.....
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Morning Losers!
    Not sure what to do today. A ride will be in order, and some stuff like washing. Will probably start packing, as I'm aware how long it takes, so a bit now might be good. Found a house in Huddersfield that I like, going to organise a second viewing.
    This evening I need to go into work, but I'm charging freelance rates, so this is a good thing (should only take me 45 mins, I'll charge 2 hours ;) )

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Morning all!

Actually trying to be productive on the work front today...
    Then off to body pump this evening to get me some big muscles, then cooking for my ladies, it is wiminz night tonight :)

2 more sleeps til I get to see the man again.....hurry up Saturday!!!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning pre ops (good luck with that), was gonna ride into work but its fuckinshite out there and I CBA... currently waiting for Superstar to deliver an 18T rear cog for the sympathy bike.

May fettle the road bike tonight after a bit of turbo or just go down the pub for a recreational, cant decide... I should be good and do the former... but it wont take too much to change my mind to the latter.

Have a good day youaaaall
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    meh

Feeling below par after a decent drink last night in a grim hotel in Birmingham, but cheered up by finding a gamon style piece of bacon in the buffet style breakfast this morning.

Today is meetings and tonight is finish the assignment rather than drink unlike last night.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Today is birthday which means cake for birthday which is a good thing.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    MissCMC wrote:

your birthday? if so, happy birthday :D

today i will be mostly doing other peoples jobs that they're too lazy to do but CBA to wait for them to get around to doing it as it's holding me up.

went out for a ride last night, doing uplifts has really fecked my fitness up, my legs are killing me today!

think i'll go for another ride later to test myself :lol:

other than that i've got the nitro circus film to watch,

laters
  • Afternoon Maggots,

We had the mother of all thunderstorms last night, with the storm directly above the town, so zero delay between the lightning and thunder.
    The storm also brough mofo hailstones and a torrential downpour. This morning the swimming pool is overfull, so after work I need to reverse pump it to bring the water level down and bomb the freakin' thing with chlorine to control the algae that rainwater brings.
    One day I swear, I'll empy that pool, ride a skateboard in it (as it's 40ft x 20ft) then fill the freaking thing in with rubble and soil. Pools are fail, hard work and expensive
    If anyone needs a body disposed off, seal it in a 40 gallon drum and ship it over to me.. it'll help fill the pool..

Work today is "Meh" and I await payday (tomorrow the 1st [Yea, WTF!?]) with anticipation.
    One of my work colleagues stormed out of our office today, no idea who/what pissed her off, but something or someone did. Still trying to find the reason out.

So, for the rest of the day today, we play the waiting game and as we know, the watched clock ticks ever slower...
  • Thewaylander
    MissCMC wrote:

Happy buffday
  • MissCMC wrote:

Happy birthday, eat cake, drink coffee and enjoy..
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    MissCMC wrote:
    Enjoy the cake...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    MissCMC wrote:

Happy birthday!
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Happy birthday, to those with birthdays. Well played, to those with bacons.

Today I have no work so still in bed. I am about to arrise for 'premium outdoor bred' bacons with matching sausages, egg and toast, which makes me feel like a winner.

Will be hearing back from prospective new job today, great job, min 20% payrise, over the road from where I am now so no messing about moving.

Onwards, to high quality sausage! (86% meat)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    eggs-are-sides-for-bacon.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.black.w760h760.jpg
  • Thewaylander
    I'll give you 86% meat..
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I'll give you 86% meat..

You haven't got a good 86% meat in you.

But like an economy burger, you have about 29% horse
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Off to work
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    ste_t wrote:
    I'll give you 86% meat..

You haven't got a good 86% meat in you.

But like an economy burger, you have about 29% horse

Now that is a good answer lol.

i take my underpants off to you sir!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Evenin' copulaters and walkers,

Interesting day out visiting companies followed by meet up in a local quiet spot with a man to discuss a possible new job. I was expecting a chat about futures and visions and 'ways forward'. I wasn't expecting an interview.

However, it seemed to go well, so let's see where it leads. Either way, I still get to spend time with the Current employers being a beligerent b*****d and making myself unpopular.

Food calls, so, in usual style - onwards! To the kitchen! And chicken (with bacons)!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Evening mongs!

Went out for a serious ride this afternoon. It was wet, windy, bits of tree all over the place, front brake seemed to be binding, Kenda Nevs seemed to be rolling with more drag than a Brighton gay bar. But still I managed to do 25 miles including a couple of decent drops that usually freak me out.

Now trying to write a synopsis of why I can do a job the agency want to talk to me about tomorrow. Keep writing stuff but its not working.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?