Sram Apex winter/commuter

Barrzy257
Barrzy257 Posts: 411
edited February 2013 in Road buying advice
Looking for a sram apex kitted bike, for winter and commute use, not fussed about rack mounts but mudguard mounts please! Any recommendations welcomed, cheers!

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Dolan preffisio. rack and guard mounts, but you'll struggle to fit 25s if that's your preference.
  • defycomp2
    defycomp2 Posts: 252
    Dolan Multi-cross will take 700x35 on their configurator and you can spec with mudguards for £770
    Summer - Giant Defy Composite 2 (Force 22) (retd)
    Cannondale Synapse Sram Red ETap
    Winter - Boardman CX Team (Rival X1 Hyd)
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Boardman cross bike.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Barrzy257
    Barrzy257 Posts: 411
    Was thinking of a build, budget was around £700 but could spend more if needed. Did consider the Dolan but there out of 56's currently! Was intrigued by the steel Ribble 525, did used to have a genesis CDF but wasn't keen on the disc brakes. So now my brother has the bike. I do spare wheels, guards bars and stem so could go the build route.
    Anybody no what the ribble is like for clearance? Would want to run sks chromoplastics, don't mind tyre widths, 23-28s.
    Thanks for any help
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Tifosi CK7?
    I built up the frame and forks with SRAM Apex. Quick, comfy, 25mm tyres and SKSguards - loving it 8)

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12887619&p=17966946&hilit=Tifosi#p17966946

Fat Birds do the frame and forks, but got mine off fleabay...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...