phone data usage when connected to Garmin?

fsd61b
fsd61b Posts: 109
edited January 2013 in Road buying advice
Has anyone used the Garmin 510 paired with an i phone? I am trying to find out how much of the phones data is used (in general terms)? I used google maps abroad last year and got a huge bill so am cautious connecting the phone to anything. None of the advertising mentioned the data usage and I know f all about this.

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The iphone should NEVER be used with google maps, you will end up poorer than a poor man holding a cup with "im a poor man" written on the front.

Download navfree from app store, it is wonderful and has guided me round so many countries and always without hassle and cost.
    Living MY dream.
  • fsd61b
    fsd61b Posts: 109
    VTech wrote:
    The iphone should NEVER be used with google maps, you will end up poorer than a poor man holding a cup with "im a poor man" written on the front.

Download navfree from app store, it is wonderful and has guided me round so many countries and always without hassle and cost.
    Ha ha I know about the poor bit, now!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Let me know how you get on with NavFree, you will love it im sure but if you do want to spend money, get the Snoop Dogg upgrade for £1.99, its well worth it.

"Thanks for the ride man, ive ad de time of maa life"
    Living MY dream.