DT Swiss CSW RA 2.0 wheels?

moscowflyer
moscowflyer Posts: 540
edited February 2013 in Road general
I have a set of DT Swiss CSW RA 2.0 Race wheels which came as standard on my bike but cannot for the life of me find any information on them as to weight/value etc. Does anyone know anything about these wheels? I'm looking to compare them to something like the Shimano RS80 to determine whether or not it's worth upgrading them.

Comments

• My guess is that they use the DT 520 rim... add 52 spokes double butted (DT Competition) with nipples and some hubs... roughly 1750 to 1800 grams, or a bit more if they use plain gauge spokes (DT Champion)

The Shimano are lighter, probably not as stiff, surely the rims are more difficult/expensive to replace, the spokes are unique to Shimano, hence difficult to source and expensive... the DT 520 are cheap

So yes, it would be an upgrade, but not without drawbacks
    left the forum March 2023
  • My guess is that they use the DT 520 rim... add 52 spokes double butted (DT Competition) with nipples and some hubs... roughly 1750 to 1800 grams, or a bit more if they use plain gauge spokes (DT Champion)

The Shimano are lighter, probably not as stiff, surely the rims are more difficult/expensive to replace, the spokes are unique to Shimano, hence difficult to source and expensive... the DT 520 are cheap

Cheers, that's more info than I've been able to find anywhere else! I'm thinking of the RS80s purely because they're so cheap at Planet X. The other option is the Kysyrium Elite's which are around £100 more.

Cheers, that's more info than I've been able to find anywhere else! I'm thinking of the RS80s purely because they're so cheap at Planet X. The other option is the Kysyrium Elite's which are around £100 more.

Stiffer, better, but same spares issues. I would spend the extra for the Elites though. I mean, I wouldn't buy any, but if I were you, then I would... :wink:

Stiffer, better, but same spares issues. I would spend the extra for the Elites though. I mean, I wouldn't buy any, but if I were you, then I would... :wink:

I only have a £450 budget :D

Last time I built wheels for myself I spent 90 pounds in components from EBay and they weigh 1500 grams... All top of the range parts... :D
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273

:lol::lol: Quality - easily the best post tonight 8) But that is another keyboard full of coffee now Ugo!!! :|
    Yellow is the new Black.

Last time I built wheels for myself I spent 90 pounds in components from EBay and they weigh 1500 grams... All top of the range parts... :D

I'll give you £100 to build me some slightly better ones? :P

I'll give you £100 to build me some slightly better ones? :P

I have yet to hear somebody complaining about the Mavic Elites, except for the spares policy, while the RS80 are just bog standard wheels with some carbon fibre glued on top of the alloy... Nothing remarkable there
  • ArdyOCD
    ArdyOCD Posts: 136
    My guess is that they use the DT 520 rim... add 52 spokes double butted (DT Competition) with nipples and some hubs... roughly 1750 to 1800 grams, or a bit more if they use plain gauge spokes (DT Champion)

You are probably the most professional/best wheel builder here on the forums though so you know what to buy and build!
    1-2-3-4 Tell me what you're looking for
  • p1tse
    p1tse Posts: 694
    I have a set of DT Swiss CSW RA 2.0 Race wheels which came as standard on my bike but cannot for the life of me find any information on them as to weight/value etc. Does anyone know anything about these wheels? I'm looking to compare them to something like the Shimano RS80 to determine whether or not it's worth upgrading them.

Which bike did it come with
    I have dt Swiss 1.0 ra wheels and can't find much either

If you wanted to up your budget I'll buy yours :)
    Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm
  • This came with the Cube Agree GTC with Di2

http://www.climbonbikes.co.uk/store/off ... c-di2-info

I did actually reply to your wanted post in the classifieds. Apparently, according to a man at Cube, these weight 1880 grams as a wheelset, but I can't weight them myself to verify this. They're not bad wheels as it goes, but I want some Ksyrium Elites so am either going to sell these or replace the Aksiums I have on the Boardman.
  • bjl
    bjl Posts: 353
    2010 Krysium Elite are only £299 plus £15 discount at checkout at Merlin cycles at the moment, may be worth considering.
  • bjl wrote:
    2010 Krysium Elite are only £299 plus £15 discount at checkout at Merlin cycles at the moment, may be worth considering.

Not really... Mavic don't stock spares, so there isn't probably any left for those... Bit of a dead end