Weird spam question

cooldad
cooldad Posts: 32,599
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Far too sensible for Cruddie, but..

There are regular posts from what appear to be spammers - they repeat something in a post further up.
eg from another thread
shineauks wrote:
yeah, think so,Someone in the Classifieds was selling a Pitch frame for £200. if that is of interest.thanks 5.gif

In the quote are 'img' tags, remove them and you get
shineauks wrote:
yeah, think so,Someone in the Classifieds was selling a Pitch frame for £200. if that is of interest.thanks http://www.1678.us/ilove/images/5.gif

Follow the link (work computer so I don't care if it gets virused up) and there's nothing there.

What is the point? Seriously.
Any pro spammer/hacker types that can explain it to a technology challenged mature person.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    google 1 pixel spam. and report them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Thanks, makes some sense. I do report them (because I am jobsworthy), but now I can sound semi intelligent as well.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I noticed. they first appeared about a year and a bit ago.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Maybe they're just lonely, I've been repeating myself on here for the last 3 years in an attempt to get some attention.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp