Marzocchi Spring Weights

DCR00
DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Afternoon all

I recently purchased a Kona Stinky equiped with 2010 Marzocchi 66 RCV forks. I intend to service them before i use them and while ive got them open, i thought that if i needed stiffer springs in there, then that would be a good time to do it.

However, trying to find info on what spring i should be using is proving impossible. The fork comes with the medium weight spring as standard and the seller has confirmed that he didnt change the spring. I think i will need the hard spring (since i weigh around 100kgs), but there doesnt seem to be any info online about 2010 forks (plenty on older forks from the likes of Windwave)

Anyone have the same issue as me ? How did you resolve it ?

Cheers

DCR

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so how much sag do you get?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • DCR00
    Stupidly i stripped the bike before doing that.

I figured that it was unlikely a medium stock spring would be sufficient for a 100kgs man + armour
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it may well be.

it depends on the sag and that can vary bike on bike. 100+ and the stock springs were fine on most of the Marz forks I have owned. and on one i reverted to standard after fitting the "correct" springs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • DCR00
    Interesting

Will suck and see on stock then. Doesnt look like too big a job to change them anyway.