Car trailer for bikes...

Kerrmit1992
Kerrmit1992 Posts: 275
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

I was wondering, where would I be able to get a smallish trailer for putting my bike and friends bikes on?

I know a lot of people will probably say "you are cheaper with roof racks" but I hate them with a passion! not only did they scratch me roof, they nearly doubled my fuel consumption on the way to glentress!

Would a trailer also cause me to use more fuel? (I know ill use slightly more due to the added weight) I know it would make things a damn sight easier!

Will I need my trailer licence to tow a small bike trailer?

All advice is much appreciated :-)
Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Wouldn't a trailer mounted bike rack be better? Like this one
    http://www.biketart.com/277880/products ... tAodDykAsQ
  • Hi, yes that could work.

I can't quite see how it connects to the car though lol, does it just attatch to the back of the car?
    Mountain biking is the bicycle version or rallying, except you don't need a Co-Driver!
  • I see how it works now!

Don't thule expect you to buy many other parts to go with it though?

Cheers
    Craig
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Thats all you need, there are bolt on optional accessories.
  • Thanks for that dude! much appreciated!

I would have prefered to just buy a van lol, but they are too expensive :-(
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Hi, yes that could work.

I can't quite see how it connects to the car though lol, does it just attatch to the back of the car?

It's a towbar mounted, tilting, 3 bike rack (can be made 4). It's very good. I had one, but had updated it.

There's one for sale in the Classifieds at the moment.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris