POst removed...a rant

naffa
naffa Posts: 126
Tonight I posted a question in the mtb parts for sale forum asking why we couldn't edit posts in the for sale section. The thread seems to ahev been removed.
I dont know why?
I wasn't knocking the mods in any way. I would like to know why we cant edit our for sale threads and why my post has been removed please.
Cheers Nathan.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well done for finding the correct area to post questions.

as it happens your post was reported as a non sales post and as such was removed.

the reason is due to people misbehaving.

and as it states in the rules that you can not edit the topics and that you should only use one post for all you spare stuff.

but of cause you would know this if you had read the rules to which there is a link to on every page in the classifieds.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • naffa
    naffa Posts: 126
    Nicklouse common sense not sarcasm should prevail :)
    If one has new items to advertise they cannot advertise them on a new thread. Understood sir!
    If such new items are advertised on an existing thread they could very likely go unnoticed because not even the title of the thread can be altered to state the thread has been updated/revised.
    Surely it is not too much to ask that the thread title can be modified to reflect the current sales. I dont know af any forum of which I'm a member that cannot do this.
    Cheers Nathan.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If you need a title modifying, please PM a mod or admin to change it.